MJ

foxy

18 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I'd love to see the show!

@Lucky, You’ll enjoy it from beginning to end. The singing, dancing, acting, staging, etc  are awesome. Sit back & you’ll feel like you’re @ a MJ concert. 3 actors play different stages of his career. It’s a tribute to the “King of Pop” and the struggles he faced growing up. 

I have a friend in the show, so I suppose I'm a little biased.

It was a good Vegas production that's landed on Broadway.  The 'new normal' for tourists who want something easy to digest and frothy to watch.  It skips the more controversial later portion of Jackson's life.

The dancing in the ensemble was more Broadway than MJ, but the leads are strong.  The young actor who plays the Jackson 5 Michael is astonishing.  Super talented kid.

This is a smart show to open just after lockdown:  It's pure fun.  Like Mamma Mia, it features songs that almost everyone knows and sells them in a familiar way (not screwing with the original arrangements too much).  People are eating this kind of thing up.  Feel good and energetic.

• 6 months later...

I enjoyed “MJ The Musical” so much the first time that I decided to see it again. 

This time I took the bf for his birthday. Purchased, well in advance, 3rd row orchestra seats, aka, within spitting range! 

Seeing a show for the 2nd time gives you more of an opportunity  to focus on the other cast members and not just Tony winner Myles Frost. I enjoyed it even more this time. Yes, most of the cast is the original and nothing in the production has changed. In addition to the excellent cast, I was  impressed by the light show that accompanied the songs/dancing and the band on stage and the orchestra under the stage. The Thriller number was definitely a show stopper.

I saw a Wednesday evening performance after the actors already completed a matinee.  I was  impressed with their energy and stamina. It’s a long show yet no one showed any signs of slowing down. This performance was sold out as I’m sure the others are too. 

• 2 months later...