Site activity

JEC

Would be nice to have a dashboard or graphs that shows site utilization, i.e. total # members, # who are active, # posts, most active forums,  etc etc.   I don't think it should get to the member level for confidentiality?  Thanks for considering, curious minds want to know LOL

14 hours ago, JEC said:

Would be nice to have a dashboard or graphs that shows site utilization, i.e. total # members, # who are active, # posts, most active forums,  etc etc.   I don't think it should get to the member level for confidentiality?  Thanks for considering, curious minds want to know LOL

Total number of members ya'll can see on the home page.  People that are "active" is relative.  (I'll talk about that more down below.)  We have a large amount of people that visit the site without ever logging in, but they've read posts for a long time.  (It's not an IPB feature to track this, but I can see it in Google Analytics.)  Number of posts...  you can see down to the exact number how many there are on the front page.   Technically the Legacy Gallery is our most active forum, but that is not really an accurate comparison as each image gets posted into its own post.  The volume there is heavily skewed based on how it's used.  Taking it out of consideration...  our most active forums in order: 1) Deli 2) Political Issues 3) Spa & Masseurs 4) Lounge.  -- That's been pretty consistent for at least the last year.

There are a large number of dashboards and reports that are available within the IPB suite, but they're in the AdminCP.  I'll post a few screenshots of some of the more interesting nuggets.  

8 hours ago, Lucky said:

I am curious if the stats would show a decline in posting lately.

image.png

The Legacy Gallery is absolutely seeing a drop in posts, but that make sense given its deprecation and the move to the new Gallery.  If I factor in the images posted to the new gallery, they're comparable or just a TOUCH lower.  

When looked at over the last 3 months... posts are down about 2%.  

image.png

If I look at it over 6 months, the post count is down 11%.  But again, that's because a large amount of that posting traffic is now in the new gallery.  

image.png

image.png

When looking at overall activity...  it's actually up when looking at number of actual unique members that submitted new content or reacted to content.

image.png

In terms of new user registrations...  we're typically between 5-10 new registrations a day.  However right after we made the domain change, we saw a dramatic increase in registrations for a short period of time, then drop off again.

image.png

That can be attributed to The Deli and Spa forums being limited for a while only to logged in users.  But outside of that, it's actually pretty consistent.

If I compare guests vs logged in users...  

image.png

The dip in guest traffic coincides with the time that The Deli and Spa were only available to logged in users, so again...  it makes sense and is in line with what I would expect to see based on what was happening at the time.  

In terms of Private Messages....  the 6 month trend looks something like:

image.png

It's currently trending down about 4% versus 6 months ago.