Happy Easter

D21howie
This topic is 733 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Happy Easter to all Eastern Orthodox Christians!

Despite growing up super-Catholic, we didn't really celebrate Easter, odd as that sounds.  Of course we went to mass, but that was about it.  Since my parents didn't like to go to mass on Sunday morning, we always went to Easter vigil mass on Saturday night.  Vigil mass is 3+ hours but feels like 6.  We didn't particularly dress up for mass.  No Easter bunny or Easter egg hunt.  No Easter decorations at school (I went to Catholic schools K-12).  Since my mom wasn't much of a cook, we didn't have a special meal.  I do remember always going to mass on Holy Thursday, even though it's not a holy day of obligation, and doing the stations of the cross on Good Friday. 

I'm guessing all the eggs & bunny stuff is more a Protestant thing.  Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies, and Peeps are all secular celebrations of the holiday -- which is totally fine, just that I was never exposed to it.  Anyway, happy Easter to those who celebrate it today, and a happy belated to all who celebrated last week.  And happy first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox to those who don't celebrate Easter at all.