Men in Ethnic clothing

Isrhunter

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, AnduarAgiri said:

How are fashion houses inspired by street art ?

3 hours ago, alciratrees4 said:

I am a fan of ethnic costumes and non-standard outfits. I am a photographer and love coming up with interesting filming images. Last week, I came up with a whole production and had a great Renaissance photo shoot.

Bots would be more interesting….if they weren’t so easy to spot.

sigh.

• 1 year later...

Love this thread. 

I was in Kochi a couple of years ago for the Kochi-Muziris Biennale, where my driver was an absolutely stunning 20-something year old Indian wearing a lungi. Wanting to get friendlier, I asked him "What are you wearing under your lungi?" He was taken aback, and said, "Why my trousers of course", by which I suspect her meant something like boxers. I had an elaborate hotel suite, and he slept in his car, as hotels in India don't allow drivers and other servants to sleep in their "master's" room. Too bad. I would have loved to have had him for some overnighters!

On 3/24/2024 at 5:42 PM, Whippoorwill said:

Love this thread. 

I was in Kochi a couple of years ago for the Kochi-Muziris Biennale, where my driver was an absolutely stunning 20-something year old Indian wearing a lungi. Wanting to get friendlier, I asked him "What are you wearing under your lungi?" He was taken aback, and said, "Why my trousers of course", by which I suspect her meant something like boxers. I had an elaborate hotel suite, and he slept in his car, as hotels in India don't allow drivers and other servants to sleep in their "master's" room. Too bad. I would have loved to have had him for some overnighters!

Great story!  For the past several years I have attempted to get to the K-M Biennale and have not yet made it.  I have always fantasized that there is nothing worn underneath a lungi, but I guess there is another layer to navigate after the lungi loosens and falls to the ground.  I find Indian men so damn sexy and the dark-skinned Tamils in south India in particular.   The "native" dress I like is.a white t-shirt and lungi.  After Kochi it would be on to Chennai.