Scruff massage con

KentDC
This topic is 758 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am chagrin to admit but I got con’ed by someone claiming to give massages. They are still on Scruff ( username OP … claiming to be in the dc area.  I tried to notify scruff but they’ve gotten MY account suspended.

They got me to pre-pay for the massage. And have now ghosted me. 
They’ve charged additional items to my credit card, which I’ve now had to cancel. 

They are using Lance Chargers images as the draw… didn’t know who he was before today. But clearly it isn’t him. 

Beware….

Their fake massage website has been removed, their phone is fake, their email account has since been closed. Vanished…. 
Their website linked to godaddysite under gentleconnect2

• 2 months later...

Super hot dude on Scruff said he was a certified massage therapist.  He said I had to send him a small amount to "Hold" the reservation using PayPal.  I did. (Duh, so stupid...fuck), anyway...he said it was showing pending because PayPal thinks it's fraud.  (Oh the irony). He send me a screen shot that said "cancelled".  That was fake.   So then he said send it again.  I did...(I know...dumb ass).  Minutes go by...he said that didn't go through.  Re send.  I said "no way,  I need you to refund me my money.  This is bullshit".  He blocked me.  I called PayPal and they said we will not dispute the charge because I did it identifying the receiver (The con artist) as "Friends and Family).. He gave me some line that it prevents any holds being put on the transaction.  Lucky for me, my PayPal is linked to a Credit Card who said THEY WILL dispute the charge and charge it back.  What a mess.  Be careful.  Never send money up front.  

If you initiate a chargeback and leave paypal holding the bag on this one, it wouldn't surprise me if they permanently suspend your account/ban you. Might be worth considering if you are ok with not having a paypal account from now on. I have no experience with this but this does seem like a likely course of action.