Meat Loaf has died

samhexum
This topic is 768 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I loved his music.  The last performance I saw was his duet of "It's All Coming Back To Me" on the 2006 season of American Idol.  I didn't know until then that he suffered from horrible stage fright all his career.  It was so bad that he said he blacked out during this performance, that afterward he had no memory of it.  Despite such crippling stage fright, he managed to have a helluva career.  R.I.P.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 10:06 AM, WilliamM said:

Was Mr  Loaf vacinated?

Interestingly enough…  

“Anti-COVID-19 precautions

He was critical of the COVID-19 lockdowns during the COVID-19 pandemic, telling the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August 2021, "I hug people in the middle of COVID ... I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics." He opposed mask mandates and described a person who called for people on airplanes to wear masks as a "Nazi" and "power-mad". Meat Loaf then said: "If I die, I die, but I'm not going to be controlled."[147][148]

Death

Meat Loaf died in Nashville, Tennessee, on the evening of January 20, 2022, at the age of 74 with no official cause of death released at the time.[5] He was reportedly ill with COVID-19 and died from COVID-19 complications.[161][162] After his health rapidly declined, his two daughters rushed to see him in hospital with his wife being beside him as he died.[163] His daughter had posted to Instagram in early January that: "We are not sick, but we have too many friends and family testing positive [for COVID-19] right now, positive but doing OK".[148]

• 1 month later...