Being a feminine man and not finding anyone that wants you

Merboy
This topic is 925 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 10/31/2021 at 11:44 PM, xyz48B said:

I’m going to be pedantic…

It seems to me it’s effeminate, not feminine.

Go ahead. Stone me.

"Effeminate" sounds very dated, very pre-Stonewall, as if it belongs in this sentence from 1968: "The avowed homosexual with the lisp wrist tried poorly to conceal his effeminate behavior at the Judy Garland concert last night."

7 minutes ago, Merboy said:

"Effeminate" sounds very dated, very pre-Stonewall, as if it belongs in this sentence from 1968: "The avowed homosexual with the lisp wrist tried poorly to conceal his effeminate behavior at the Judy Garland concert last night."

At one time, "effeminate" was used to mean "Womanly; tender, affectionate, caring" as well as "Exhibiting behavior or mannerisms considered typical of a female; unmasculine." The former definition is obsolete, while the latter is the standard definition of the word. "Feminine" means  "Of or pertaining to the female gender; womanly."

Unless you present yourself as a woman, you are not "feminine." 

If you don't want to use the word "effeminate," then you might want to call yourself "unmasculine" or "less masculine than average." 

My suggestion is to avoid the labels altogether. Simply be "you" and accept yourself as "you." It is easier said than done, but once you start doing so your world will improve ten thousand-fold.

1 hour ago, rvwnsd said:

My suggestion is to avoid the labels altogether. Simply be "you" and accept yourself as "you." It is easier said than done, but once you start doing so your world will improve ten thousand-fold.

I feel a song coming on...