Mysterious Hunk NYC

Lazarus
This topic is 904 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A couple minor quibbles:  India is certainly in Asia, but, for RM purposes, does Asian ethnicity usually mean East Asian??  And at a height of 6-3, he looks like more than 190 lbs. (or maybe he is shorter!!??)

Could be real. Desi providers aren't too common and the ad text seems somewhat terse (not phony or excessively appealing). 

5 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

A couple minor quibbles:  India is certainly in Asia, but, for RM purposes, does Asian ethnicity usually mean East Asian?? 

So it's true that it's much more common in the UK to see the word "Asian" refer to South Asian/Desi/From the Mother Continent folks; in the US "Asian" almost always means people of East Asian descent. However, my hot take is that if you look at semantics, a "South Asian" is still an Asian, I don't think any of us white people should let this confuse us too much. In reality Asia is a really big place with hundreds, if not thousands of ethnicities.

To further confuse things, anthropologists long classified Indians as part of the "caucasian" ethnic group for a very long time, mostly based on linguistic reasons. This is what I learned in middle school social studies in the 90s (Hindi and the various other Indian languages are much closer to European languages than say Arabic or Chinese). But in 1923 the Supreme Court deemed that Indians couldn't be considered legally white because, well, they don't look white. Isn't our history great? 

Edited by monstam
Wrote "shouldn't" when i meant to write "should" because of the endless edits i insist on putting myself through

6 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

India is certainly in Asia, but, for RM purposes, does Asian ethnicity usually mean East Asian??

Americans only understand "Asian" to mean the people of China, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea, Japan and a few others in East Asia. Unfortunately the rest of the world seems to lump everyone from the Asian Continent into the same ethnic group. Indians often check that box, primarily because nobody provides them with a more accurate one.

15 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Please let us know what happens. 

Expressed my interest in meeting him via RM chat.  24 hours later, no response.  i can tell he was on RM during this time and must have seen my chat message.

It is possible that he only responds to text or whatsapp messages.  As a (supposed) newbie, he should not be so stand-offish.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:49 PM, pubic_assistance said:

Americans only understand "Asian" to mean the people of China, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea, Japan and a few others in East Asia. Unfortunately the rest of the world seems to lump everyone from the Asian Continent into the same ethnic group. Indians often check that box, primarily because nobody provides them with a more accurate one.

British English still differentiates by using the term "Oriental" to exclusively refer to people from East and Southeast Asia (China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.), and "Asian" to refer to people from South Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, etc.).

Only in America has the term Oriental become offensive, as we Americans tend to take offense to most things these days.  So instead we changed Oriental to Asian, and assume everyone from the largest continent must be in the Far East

Edited by Vegas_nw1982