Replacement for verbose icon?

This topic is 913 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

22 hours ago, Unicorn said:

How many of you like the icon? How many would prefer it be replaced? I'd go for:

image.jpeg.806b6f61471e41a6896aca59c58cb306.jpeg

Or:

Sleeping emoji - Sleeping Emoji - Pillow | TeePublic

You all know who I'm talking about! 😏

I don't know who you're talking about. I hope it's not me. I would not want my precious posts to be considered verbose in any way, shape, or fashion. Verbosity turns people off. It alienates them to the point that you come across as a rambling, nonsensical run on sentence that expresses a verbal marathon of endless and inane cliches wrapped in enigmatic riddles inside an auto Henrico New Orleans Doughbache (sp?) Cake. 

**20 months sober, promise**

Edited by Leyte2019
Spelling

53 minutes ago, Leyte2019 said:

I don't know who you're talking about. I hope it's not me....

Oh, no. It's not you. Just look in the political forum and you'll figure it out quite quickly. I hear there's a new Halloween movie out this month...

Halloween l Michael Myers "He's Back! | Michael myers, Halloween, Poster

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 10:57 PM, Unicorn said:

How many of you like the icon? How many would prefer it be replaced? I'd go for:

image.jpeg.806b6f61471e41a6896aca59c58cb306.jpeg

Or:

Sleeping emoji - Sleeping Emoji - Pillow | TeePublic

You all know who I'm talking about! 😏

I vote for the yawning pillow.

PS:  if a forum member is insufferably verbose, you can always set him to "ignore."  Not that I would ever do such a thing, of course.

Edited by BSR
Added PS

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/130108-steak-cut-question/?do=findComment&comment=1909935

here's an example of why the "verbose" icon is apparently misleading....it looks like a wide-eyed shocked face (not somebody falling asleep as I guess the face is supposed to look like) and the forum member here who used the "verbose" icon is no newbie.....the post is certainly not wordy!

it happens repeatedly that members click on the face that looks like shock or surprise, apparently not realizing it's meant to be a "verbose" icon

Edited by azdr0710

On 10/22/2021 at 2:30 AM, BSR said:

PS:  if a forum member is insufferably verbose, you can always set him to "ignore."  Not that I would ever do such a thing, of course.

Yes, I'm sure that's why your signature reads:

My ignore list:  marylander1940, MiamiLooker, stevenkesslar 😏

6 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/130108-steak-cut-question/?do=findComment&comment=1909935

here's an example of why the "verbose" icon is apparently misleading....it looks like a wide-eyed shocked face (not somebody falling asleep as I guess the face is supposed to look like) and the forum member here who used the "verbose" icon is no newbie.....the post is certainly not wordy!

it happens repeatedly that members click on the face that looks like shock or surprise, apparently not realizing it's meant to be a "verbose" icon

And it happens sometimes that members know EXACTLY what the icon means and happen to think the post used more words than were needed, even if it wasn't that many in total.

ver·bose
/vərˈbōs/

adjective

1. using or expressed in more words than are needed.

Edited by samhexum

4 hours ago, BSR said:

The yawning pillow is good. But even better would be a cartoonish Archie Bunker hanging himself as Edith drones on and on. I guess many of you are too young to catch the reference. 

On 10/22/2021 at 4:30 AM, BSR said:

PS:  if a forum member is insufferably verbose, you can always set him to "ignore."  Not that I would ever do such a thing, of cou

Edited by Leyte2019
Remove quote