I've never been to an Alegria event in NYC. Any tips?

socurious
This topic is 1050 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Any tips? Because there is one happening in early August. Is it a good idea to go by yourself? I don't have a lot of friends. Heck, I don't even like to hang out a lot. But I truly want to experiment a sexual adventure at one of those events. Need to fulfill this fantasy. Ps  Don't judge me please. I understand that this thread might seem awkward. 

Edited by nycboi

• socurious changed the title to I've never been to an Alegria event in NYC. Any tips?
1 hour ago, LookingAround said:

Well known circuit party event in nyc. Happens regularly in nyc. You’ll have a great tine. Great vibe I’m told and still very popular with the boys. Others can now comment as I haven’t been but everyone I know in their 20’s goes. 

Yes us Old farts dont deserve any "Alegria".......😩

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BonVivant said:

Indeed… are all ages and types welcome? Or is it only circuit party six pack 20s that are allowed. 

Well, all ages and types might be allowed to enter. But whether non-six-pack-20s will be particularly welcomed is a different story... The answer is "not likely" more often than not, even at regular gay clubs. That is unless those non-six-pack-20s intend to mack on other non-six-pack-20s.

To be honest, I think people (of all ages and types) who have to ask that type of question at all should probably not bother going to circuit parties (or perhaps even regular club nights). That'll save them some grief because their idea of having a good time hinges too much on getting attention and validation from other partygoers. Instead, they're likely better off going to parties/gatherings that are clearly aimed at attracting the tribe they think they fit in well with (e.g., bears, daddies, leather, etc.).

6 hours ago, thedanNYC said:

Well, all ages and types might be allowed to enter. But whether non-six-pack-20s will be particularly welcomed is a different story... The answer is "not likely" more often than not, even at regular gay clubs. That is unless those non-six-pack-20s intend to mack on other non-six-pack-20s.

To be honest, I think people (of all ages and types) who have to ask that type of question at all should probably not bother going to circuit parties (or perhaps even regular club nights). That'll save them some grief because their idea of having a good time hinges too much on getting attention and validation from other partygoers. Instead, they're likely better off going to parties/gatherings that are clearly aimed at attracting the tribe they think they fit in well with (e.g., bears, daddies, leather, etc.).

Great advice!

7 hours ago, thedanNYC said:

Hmmm…. indeed. I hear what you are saying. It is sad in a way. I love dancing and clubbing… That’s why I love Ibiza… The clubs there are all types all ages. All for a good time. 

The (str8) dance events in Brooklyn are like that too (eg “House of Yes”). It’s the gay dance parties (IMO) that are the problem: too much focus on six pack 20s. The gay bars I don’t find to be a problem; anyone can go and do.