Alpha Men’s Spa (NYC)

RBENJI

On 12/17/2022 at 8:31 AM, JayinHKNYC said:

Sorry but that is way over the top for a massage at a spa.  I can go to a private masseur and get everything I want for way less than that.  I know everything is going up these days but you've got to draw a line in the sand once in a while.  I'm already turned off from Diego.

31 minutes ago, EVdude said:

Aside from all the other upgrades, any “required” tip is bullpucky. I tip based on service. Big turn off all around. Also, best to hold back writing about upgrade details in a spa. 

Totally agree with EVdude and Redwine56 way too over the top in price for a SPA,  and overly aggressive in my opinion, for a masseur to bring that up, let the customer ask if they want to know and peruse those options. 👎 BIG turnoff!

Edited by JUWS

I Just left alpha men’s spa. I am a regular here and I have been following Rodrigo for years because I genuinely like his personality and massage . Today not only was he double booked for some reason but I ended up shortening my much needed 90min to about 60min because I was taken almost 30 min late. I had to leave on time and he had another client booked for an hour later anyway . I am an owner in the service business as well and I would like to let whoever is responsible for the double bookings know that this is one of the best ways to lose good and generous clients . Also as mentioned by others, the request on the door of the massage room for clients to tip generously was a little shocking . 

Edited by Intosmoothmuscles
Had to add more details .

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 8:14 PM, ChelseaBoy said:

Just called to book and told Bert is no longer working at Alpha. ☹️
Anyone have deets?

I’ve had a number of sessions with Bert in the past and whilst chatting he did mention that he was trying to save up to help launch his business (never got into those details with me and I didn’t pry). Not sure if that is the reason why he is no longer at Alpha but said he would stay in touch with those clients who had his number and kept in touch, but again…Not sure. Hope this helps 

On 12/24/2022 at 2:56 AM, Intosmoothmuscles said:

I Just left alpha men’s spa. I am a regular here and I have been following Rodrigo for years because I genuinely like his personality and massage . Today not only was he double booked for some reason but I ended up shortening my much needed 90min to about 60min because I was taken almost 30 min late. I had to leave on time and he had another client booked for an hour later anyway . I am an owner in the service business as well and I would like to let whoever is responsible for the double bookings know that this is one of the best ways to lose good and generous clients . Also as mentioned by others, the request on the door of the massage room for clients to tip generously was a little shocking . 

Is this the Rodrigo that used to work at Shangri-la? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...