Baseball Playoffs- Who's The Cutest?

Lucky
This topic is 5210 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For my money, the hottest player in this year's playoffs is Jacoby Ellsbury of the Boston Red Sox. Known for his speed, I call him "Baby" for his cute face:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_nQI0YEm00lI/RycHuO61XiI/AAAAAAAAAPo/KRDWE0go52k/s320/jacoby03.jpg

The Phillies' winning pitcher isn't anything to slug off either. Cole Hamels:

http://www.phillymag.com/blogs/philly/wp-content/uploads/0208_DailyExaminer/hamels.jpg

Guest Tristan

Forget the playoffs. He's been one of the hottest and cutest players in baseball since joining the Red Sox late last season.

Go Sox!!

After Matt Stairs hit his big homerun last night, he said:

"You want to get that one big hit where you feel like you’re part of the team … not that I don’t feel like I’m part of the team, by no means, but when you get that nice celebration coming into the dugout and you’re getting your ass hammered by guys, it’s no better feeling than to have that done."

>Go Phils! }(

Congratulations and enjoy your trip to the big show.

I guess I can root for Burrell now and pray that maybe someone will accidentally trip him during a tag out and by accident tear his uniform off completely for a wardrobe malfunction lasting 4 or 5 minutes. Man that guy is hot without his shirt.

Is baseball getting so unpopular? Or is it just because two relatively unknown teams are in the World Series?

I have decided to join up with deej and root for the Phillies. Their fans are loyal and long-suffering. The Rays' fans could hardly be bothered to attend a game this year even though their team was doing so well.

I rooted for the Phillies for 20 years, through the heartbreak of 1964 and the just missed chances against the Dodgers in the 70s, until finally, in 1980, they won a World Series (I still have the t-shirt from that win). I suffered through the thumping by Baltimore in 1983, and the knife in the heart from Joe Carter in Toronto in 1993. I would like to believe they can beat the upstart Rays, but I have a sinking feeling the Rays are on a roll, and once again, we Phillies fans will have our hopes dashed.

By the way, I could be consoled by having a threesome with Pat Burrell and Chase Utley.

>Is baseball getting so unpopular? Or is it just because two

>relatively unknown teams are in the World Series?

>

>I have decided to join up with deej and root for the Phillies.

>Their fans are loyal and long-suffering. The Rays' fans could

>hardly be bothered to attend a game this year even though

>their team was doing so well.

Baseball fans can be so fickle. Maybe the Rays' fans just don't know how to act yet?

The Phillies have their work cut out for them, if for no other reason than the current silly rule about the league winning the All Star game is the home league. That rule definitely needs to go away.

I really thought the Dodgers and the Red Sox were going to be the teams, not that I love either one so much as I thought they both were on a roll and had the experience. But, what do I know?

Best regards,

KMEM

>The Phillies have their work cut out for them, if for no other

>reason than the current silly rule about the league winning

>the All Star game is the home league. That rule definitely

>needs to go away.

As a Phiily Fan I sure would like to have the home field advantage but were it not for the "silly rule" no one would try to win the all star game.

But, do they? I am sure each individual player is competitive by nature but with so many stars to play, the managers put in different people sometimes willy nilly. Regardless of how well a pitcher is doing he will come out when his "time to play" is up. That is also true of position players to a certain extent. The point being there are a lot of considerations in addition to winning the game. I am reasonably certain there is little impetus to "win one for the league" involved and, in particular, for those stars whose team is not in the running for the playoffs. Let's face it, this is an exhibition match, pure and simple, and the commish notwithstanding with his, yes, silly rule, has not changed a thing.

Best regards,

KMEM

>I rooted for the Phillies for 20 years, through the

>heartbreak of 1964 and the just missed chances against the

>Dodgers in the 70s, until finally, in 1980, they won a World

>Series (I still have the t-shirt from that win). I suffered

>through the thumping by Baltimore in 1983, and the knife in

>the heart from Joe Carter in Toronto in 1993. I would like to

>believe they can beat the upstart Rays, but I have a sinking

>feeling the Rays are on a roll, and once again, we Phillies

>fans will have our hopes dashed.

(tiny violin playing)

This Cubs fan doesn't exactly share your pain over waiting for so long. }(

>But, do they?

Yeah, they do. All-Star games tend to be low-scoring and often go for extra innings because both sides are fighting so hard.

This year's went something like 15 innings. It was a true marathon. IIRC it was approaching midnight on the WEST coast when it finally ended and the NL only stayed in it by pulling out FIVE force-outs at home plate in a row.

Yeah, they play.

Archived