RadioRob Testing A New Topic as a Member

Rob Member
This topic is 1102 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Permission to upload files should now work for members.  These files are not being hosted on our servers.  Now people can link to an external source, choose a stock image, or attach a file to a post.  In addition, I've enabled GIF support as well.  Check out the GIF button in the upper right of the post reply section.  😃

I played around with the New version a bit, and everything is streamlined, clear and efficient.... Works Great....  And while I do realized a rebuild is STILL in progress, the ONLY thing I had a bit of trouble with was the SEARCH function, which I basically use for TOPICS on the board so I can find WHERE to place pertinent comments or PICS....

While the OLD search was temperamental at times, and often didnt FIND a topic I KNOW existed,  this new search, so far, is more temperramental  MORE often  😵

Nonetheless, I'm still a Happy Camper !

MUCH THANKS.

Edited by jjkrkwood

5 minutes ago, jjkrkwood said:

I played around with the New version a bit, and everything is streamlined, clear and efficient.... Works Great....  And while I do realized a rebuild is STILL in progress, the ONLY thing I had a bit of trouble with was the SEARCH function, which I basically use for TOPICS on the board so I can find WHERE to place pertinent comments or PICS....

While the OLD search was temperamental at times, and often didnt FIND a topic I KNOW existed,  this new search, so far, is more temperramental  MORE often  😵

Nonetheless, I'm still a Happy Camper !

MUCH THANKS.

The search is literally only aware of 25.43% of posts and 1.3% of topics as of a few seconds ago. It SHOULD get better over the next day or so. 

I was viewing a topic earlier when it said I had new replies. I refreshed and it had loaded in three older posts that were not there earlier. So they’re (very) slowly trickling back in. 

This was one of the drawbacks for opening the forums early. I intentionally allowed the boards to come back online without the full board being back and reindexed so that we would not need to have the site down for a day and a half. 

21 minutes ago, RadioRob said:

The search is literally only aware of 25.43% of posts and 1.3% of topics as of a few seconds ago. It SHOULD get better over the next day or so. 

I was viewing a topic earlier when it said I had new replies. I refreshed and it had loaded in three older posts that were not there earlier. So they’re (very) slowly trickling back in. 

This was one of the drawbacks for opening the forums early. I intentionally allowed the boards to come back online without the full board being back and reindexed so that we would not need to have the site down for a day and a half. 

Of course, please dont interpret my comment as criticism.  On the contrary... You've done an astounding job with the site and the New design and attitude is absolutely Refreshing..🤩

I know alot of others guys depend on search, so I simply commented so they would know the status of Search in Real time and therefore wouldnt question its function....

Patience is a virtue I am learning to Have !  😉

40 minutes ago, latbear4blk said:

Everything seems to work fine. Let me try my favorite Invision feature...

giphy.gif

Yes! I love that I just have to paste the image address in the body of the message without extra clics!

My first response was "it's so pretty."  However, you mention that you just have "to paste the image address in the body of the message without extra clic[k]s".  What exactly do you mean by that?  I am technologically illiterate.  It took awhile for me to learn how to paste the address into the mountain pic from the previous version.  Any help is great, bless you.

1 hour ago, TruthBTold said:

My first response was "it's so pretty."  However, you mention that you just have "to paste the image address in the body of the message without extra clic[k]s".  What exactly do you mean by that?  I am technologically illiterate.  It took awhile for me to learn how to paste the address into the mountain pic from the previous version.  Any help is great, bless you.

Before, we had to click in the icon to. insert an image, paste the image address in the pop unbox, and click again to insert an image in a message. Now you just paste the image address in the body of the message and no further clicks are needed.

At least for me, using Safari.

1 minute ago, latbear4blk said:

Before, we had to click in the icon to. insert an image, paste the image address in the pop unbox, and click again to insert an image in a message. Now you just paste the image address in the body of the message and no further clicks are needed.

At least for me, using Safari.

Great, thanks.  I use Safari also.  I will definitely play around with it.  You may hear my moaning if things don't quite work out.  So far I am able to quote which I believe any able-bodied four year old should be able to do.