What Kind of Milk Did You Drink Growing Up vs What You Drink Now?

rvwnsd
This topic is 1149 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Grew up in downtown Chicago and we still had a milkman in the building we were in.

Creamtop milk every now and then, but mainly 2%.

I never drink milk now. Numerous studies confirm that it's not all that healthy for an already-grown adult. The milk lobby, who spends tens of millions year, would have you believe otherwise.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/is-milk-bad-for-you-heres-what-the-science-says

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never drink milk now. Numerous studies confirm that it's not all that healthy for an already-grown adult. The milk lobby, who spends tens of millions year, would have you believe otherwise.

I learned about this in a nutrition class in college. I don’t think milk as much as I used to before. Just a touch of whole milk in my coffee here and there to add a different flavor to it.

I grew up drinking whole milk and sometimes powder milk. My grandmother used to get milk from some neighbors who owned cows and she used to make milk with coffee (mostly milk and a splash of coffee and some sugar). I loved drinking milk with coffee as a kid. Whenever I drink it now, it reminds me of the good old times with my grandmother.

Grew up in downtown Chicago and we still had a milkman in the building we were in.

Creamtop milk every now and then, but mainly 2%.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/is-milk-bad-for-you-heres-what-the-science-says

Yes, whole and 2% milk are quite high in saturated fats. Just be careful, though. It's difficult to get one's daily recommended allowance of calcium if one avoids dairy products.