Palm Springs Season

RandyVue
This topic is 1214 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hotels can take leisure visitors again, and outdoor dining is once more open. However, there isn't much to do of a touristic nature, other than enjoy the scenery. Bars are supposed to stay closed. The usual big seasonal events--the International Film Festival, Modernism Week, Indian Wells Tennis Tournament, White Party, Coachella, etc.--are all cancelled, postponed, or only accessible remotely. The biggest gathering in the valley is at the vaccination site at the Indio Fairgrounds.

Hotels can take leisure visitors again, and outdoor dining is once more open. However, there isn't much to do of a touristic nature, other than enjoy the scenery. Bars are supposed to stay closed. The usual big seasonal events--the International Film Festival, Modernism Week, Indian Wells Tennis Tournament, White Party, Coachella, etc.--are all canceled, postponed, or only accessible remotely. The biggest gathering in the valley is at the vaccination site at the Indio Fairgrounds.

All of the preceding can be applied to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur, and to the world itself. It's sad indeed, so we will just have to continue to adapt and make the better of the situation by being creative (if that is what it takes).

I'm still continuing to enjoy the beauty of nature in all of its glories in the Carmel/Monterey/Big Sur/Pacific Grove area but would love to visit my friends who live in Los Angeles and my first cousin and family in the San Diego area, but the pandemic has made all of this virtually impossible.

DOUBLE mask, DISTANce, and WASH those hands often.