It's a Sin - Russell T Davies

keefer
This topic is 1186 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be contrarian: My main problem was the casting, way too caffeinated and zero emotional depth.

And what in the heck was the deal with all the anti-Mom rants toward the end of the final episode. Can someone explain that to me? It seemed so mean spirited and ungrounded.

I give it a B-, JUST above average. His original 1999 British QAF was amazing and I'll always love sexy Jack Harkness, fans of Torchwood know whom I mean :-)

Watch or Rewatch The Normal Heart if you want a well, and gay, cast AIDS-related TV experience.

I watched It’s a Sin last night, was hooked and ended up watching the whole thing. I came out in ‘78 so can completely identify with what they were going through as gay youths. I have been haunted by memories of lost friends since seeing this, one who lost his mind not unlike Collin, and particularly a friend I knew when I got sober who held on long enough so that his mom who had cancer would die first. He couldn’t even sit in a chair without a pillow since he had no body fat or muscle left. He died quietly with friends they day after his mom passed.

Peace to you Ron, me dear friend.

Very sorry about your friend Ron, LC. Colin was definitely my favorite character with the best acting and yes that scene SPOILER!!! around his bed that starts kinda lovely but then gets super depressing, as you realize he's not the person he was, is beautiful and awful and important.

I have not seen HBOMax advertised thru my cable company but that is something I will check out.

a subscription to HBO includes HBOMax but you must use a device (smart tv, Roku, computer etc) that has a HBO Max app. to sign in with your same name and password.(the add on for Hulu says HBO Max but is really just HBO) . Hulu has 7 days trial and it's HBO Max add-on has 7 days free, but you have to use a device to really get Max. Shame HBO Max is the best streamer because it's a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, finished the series. Gotta agree it was uneven,

but some of the moments hit home hard.

Loved realizing they were on their way to Heaven nightclub

just from the outside street scene.....ahhh memories.

The scenes of Jill caring for her dying friend....and running

into his bewildered family were haunting....ughhhh memories

I also loved the Act Up inspired protest scene.

I thought he did an amazing job of portraiting the fear, excitement, anger

and just plain “what the fuck are we doing?.....holy fuck we’re doing it!”

of the early AIDS protests....ahh memories.

Didn‘t care for the last episode. It seemed a bit ham handed.

Especially considering how incredible some of the other ones were.