What will your legacy be?

Merboy
This topic is 1161 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Lately I've been thinking that if I were to die today, I wouldn't leave behind a legacy so I feel like I'm panicking to rush to write something or do something meaningful in my life.

What do you think your legacy will be or what do you wish for people to remember you after you die?

Several friends have saved my letters from Southeast Asia, including the propaganda flyers I occasionally was made to drop from helicopters

It's a pity you didn't have drones back then. You could've just sipped pina coladas on the beach and accomplished your mission remotely.

Lately I've been thinking that if I were to die today, I wouldn't leave behind a legacy so I feel like I'm panicking to rush to write something or do something meaningful in my life.

What do you think your legacy will be or what do you wish for people to remember you after you die?

I've thought the same. But rather than focusing on leaving a legacy for when we are gone, maybe we should simply concentrate on how we impact others today. Actions that exhibit and promote kindness, empathy, grace and mercy can have life-altering effects for those we encounter on a day-to-day basis, and can have ripple effects that continue to have impacts long after we are gone. Maybe that is the legacy we should value. It may not be as tangible or quantifiable as writing a novel or creating a piece of art - but it is something of great value nonetheless, and within anyone's abilities to achieve.