Razor Blades

Lucky
This topic is 1248 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Before I can discuss any blades for the face, I must thank @Pensant for his post in the Butt Grooming thread that says women's razor blades work better on the genitals than do men's blades. I tried the Gillette Sensitive Venus blade on my balls and massive penis, and boy, that took a long time to complete! All kidding aside, the blade was the best yet for the area down there. Smooth and virtually injury-free. I highly recommend it for guys who don't like hairy balls or dicks. I never minded until I got old, then the ear hair, the nose hair, the arm hair, they all got long and stringy and white. Young guys probably don't want to know that!

shave-shaving-cream-razor-hero-image-2019.jpg

The best face shave I have ever had was last month when I tried a blade that was included in my purchase of Gillette Fusion5 blades. The free blade was a ProGlide Shield. Gillette says that "The Gillette ProGlide Shield blades provide lubrication before and after the blades to help shield skin from irritation while you shave." I didn't feel any lube, but boy, I sure was smooth after the shave. Too bad the blade only lasted two shaves. It's expensive!

The cheaper, but not cheap Fusion5 is my normal blade. The Gillette blurb on this: "Fusion5 blades feature five antifriction blades. Each refill lasts up to a month of shaves, letting you get the most out of every blade." (Yeah, right.) My experience is good, but never completely smooth everywhere. It's even worse on the balls.

I also have Mach3 blades for some reason. Supposedly: "Gillette Mach3 razor, built for precision and made for comfort, features stronger-than-steel blades that stay sharper longer (vs. Sensor3) The razor is light, and the blade is too. Nothing special here, but they are cheaper.

The idea of staying sharp longer is important, because blades go dull quickly. I haven't tried the Skinguard or heated blades. I do have a razor that vibrates, but that seems more gimmick than useful.

What is your experience? Above and below!

Here's one man's opinion. (Caution: He speaks very fast!)

He sounds like a huckster for Mirror World from a 1970’s UHF commercial!

I currently use Gillette Pro Glide blades. I've used other Gillette blades in the past with good results. My pubic shaving experiences improved considerably after I learned "slow and easy."

I am still using my straight razor - talk about slow and easy! ?

This article came to mind - found it a few years ago: https://www.themanual.com/grooming/best-single-blade-razors/