scene in Dallas

bluedawg
This topic is 1221 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It was open a few months ago when I was there, but basically no touching or putting dollars in their undies.. There was a bucket in front of them and you had to tip in the bucket. What's the point if no touching...

They have reopened as a bar/restaurant. They sell candy bars, peanuts, chips, and slice of pizza? they will reheat for you. At night, they have a food truck. It is no touching, tips in buckets, and everyone stays at their tables.

Are the dancers nude on stage?. Sounds like the old days at the Gaiety. No touching, and leave your tip money on the stage. Stale pretzels or potato chips in a bowl and another bowl would have punch. I guess better than nothing. Lap dances I assume are prohibited?

No nudity, No lapdance, No touching

You must remain at your table, and if you are not drinking, mask is required. The TABC [the regulatory agency who issue license etc.] Is very active. The close and suspended on a weekly basis when bars are not in compliance.

• 4 weeks later...

Easy fellows. Why all the criticism of a city one chooses to live in or visit? I really like Dallas. The weather has just enough variety and there are many interesting and unique neighborhoods like Deep Ellum, and parts of Oak Cliff. Many of the "burbs" have cute and quaint downtown squares and one of a kind restaurants and sporting. The pro sports are all passionate and competitive nationally and the political landscape is trending purple if not blue. There are many lakes and parks, and the public DART rail is efficient. Like all big cities it has its issues with crime, traffic, overcrowding, and environmental waste. But it as always seemed safe and welcoming to me.

It's the seventh circle of hell with Gucci shoes.

I had to remind myself what the seventh circle of hell entailed by referring to my copy of Dante’s book translated by Cary and illustrated magnificently by Gustavo Dore. The 7th circle is where the violent are tormented and punished. Those who commit acts of violence including against themselves as in suicides. Given Dallas’s unfortunate history in 1963, if the shoe fits...

Easy fellows. Why all the criticism of a city one chooses to live in or visit? I really like Dallas. The weather has just enough variety and there are many interesting and unique neighborhoods like Deep Ellum, and parts of Oak Cliff. Many of the "burbs" have cute and quaint downtown squares and one of a kind restaurants and sporting. The pro sports are all passionate and competitive nationally and the political landscape is trending purple if not blue. There are many lakes and parks, and the public DART rail is efficient. Like all big cities it has its issues with crime, traffic, overcrowding, and environmental waste. But it as always seemed safe and welcoming to me.

There are worse places to live, that's for sure.

I suppose to be fair, my time wasn't horrible, but I was certainly happier when traveling than being home.

Dallas is an acquired taste. I prefer the Texas Hill Country and below. Many would disagree with me :)

There are worse places to live, that's for sure.

I suppose to be fair, my time wasn't horrible, but I was certainly happier when traveling than being home.

Dallas is an acquired taste. I prefer the Texas Hill Country and below. Many would disagree with me :)

My father’s uncle lived in the Texas Hill Country (father of said crazy cousin) and he and his wife loved it there. They were friends with LBJ and in those days they were all Democrats. This was before LBJ signed the Voters Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act. He said it would cost them.