Is yelling "Here Boner" offensive?

Rick Munroe
This topic is 5826 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>Well several of the people there took offense at my calling

>for him using the name Boner.

What did they say? They were seriously offended? That's so bizarre. It's a very cute name.

>So MEN, do I proudly call my dog Boner?

I say YES. He's your dog and you can call him whatever you want! (btw, I'm a sucker for Labs...I'm jealous)

ROFL

If I can call my cat Bruiser, you can call your dog Boner.

What's WITH people these days?!?!?!? No sense of humor at all.

Just wait till your Boner humps your leg. You can point and say "see?" ;-)

>>Well several of the people there took offense at my

>calling

>>for him using the name Boner.

>

>What did they say? They were seriously offended? That's so

>bizarre. It's a very cute name.

Was told that I shouldn't call out Come Boner Come when there area children around. I did tell her later not to let her dog lick my Boner, but that was just to get back at her.

>

>>I have never seen a purplekow;

I never hope to see one;

I can tell you anyhow;

I'd rather see than be one

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror

>Was told that I shouldn't call out Come Boner Come when there

>are children around.

Uggh...I had a feeling that was it. I really do not like many of today's parents at all. Derek and I just had a nightmare of a flight back to NYC from SF, due to a wild child sitting in front of us, whose parents were even more petulant than the kid. (Sorry, that was off-topic but I had to vent.)

>I did tell her later not to let her

>dog lick my Boner, but that was just to get back at her.

ROFL! :7

Guest zipperzone

>Uggh...I had a feeling that was it. I really do not like many

>of today's parents at all. Derek and I just had a nightmare

>of a flight back to NYC from SF, due to a wild child sitting

>in front of us, whose parents were even more petulant than the

>kid. (Sorry, that was off-topic but I had to vent.)

Off topic or not, I know how you feel. I once flew from Amsterdam to Montreal with a 3 yr old kicking the back of my seat ALL THE WAY - it never stopped even when the steward spoke to the mom. I really feel that people flying with children should be forced to sit in a designated section of the plane that can be sealed off.

If you or Derek had been as obnoxious, you probably would have been arrested upon landing.

You have already done the right thing (by taking a new family member) so whatever happens next is anti-climatic. Obviously, people have entirely too much spare time if they have to intrude upon your personal business. I don't speak French but perhaps you can adopt a pronunciation similar to bon aire?

Best regards,

KMEM

When I was in grade scholl Growing Pains was a popular show with the kids including myself. A recurring character a friend of character Mike's was named Boner. Some of my class mates thought I looked liked Boner and called me such for a year or so. I wasn't offended since I thought he was kind of cute. I say call the dog whatever you want. If people don't like it too bad.

Hugs,

Greg

seaboy4hire@yahoo.com

http://seaboy4hire.tripod.com http://www.daddysreviews.com/newest.php?who=greg_seattle

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6707/lebec084a9ad147f620acd5ps8.jpg

Tentative travel cities 2008: Los Angeles April 10 & 13.

Guest CURIOUS35

:-) :-) :-) :-)

How old is " B O N E R" did you say?

My dear friend! U are the captain of your DOG; you are the master of your BONE!

When confronted, ask them how to pronounce ZE FRENCH Bon AIRE in American english! I can assure you the pedestrians will walk! :)

I just adopted a pet store reject. A local pet store owner, when confronted with the return of a puppy for healthy reasons, finds it economically better to just put the puppy in a kill shelter than to explore whether it is actually ill or not. These health reasons can be large, gross deformities, or small, missing toe, which were missed at the time of delivery. He feels he can't get top dollar for a less than perfect dog and so he doesnt mind sacrificing the less than perfect ones for the bigger profit. I believe they call him Adoglf Hitler. Clearly deplorable, well to me anyway some on this board will likely defend his actions as a businessman.

Anyway, an acquaintance of mine mentioned that her daughter works for this pet shop and tries to find homes for the dogs before they go to the shelter. I told her I would take one if one came along and today I was given a beautiful 4 month old yellow lab puppy which was returned because he had a possible hip dysplasia. Right now he is running with my other two dogs without any pain or problem but he will be seeing the vet by week's end.

So now to the point. The little fellow came with the name Buddy but I found that pedestrian. As we sat together for the first time I was working with the B sound and looked over at him sitting there and he was one happy dog playing with a knuckle bone. He seemed to have named himself. So having decided on a name, I took Boner and my other two dogs to the dog park.

Well several of the people there took offense at my calling for him using the name Boner.

I could see where yelling "Come Boner Come" might be a double entendre but dogs and bones do go together.

So MEN, do I proudly call my dog Boner? Do I let my Boner play and drool and do all the things that less than perfect Boners do? Or do I kowtow to the prudish members of society and go back to Buddy or Baby?

I have never seen a purplekow;

I never hope to see one;

I can tell you anyhow;

I'd rather see than be one

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror

Oh lord, this only makes me think of one thing - I had an unfortunately named uncle (dickie - his wife's name was peachy!) who in the 1950s named his black labrodor retriever a very unfortunate name - the word that is referred to a the *-word. Amazingly they lived at that time on a mixed street in South Philly and actually no one seemed to mind - or at the least they decided not to mention it.

Soooooo..... I would say boner is a much more acceptable name in light of what poor uncle dickie did. BUT I could see current (uncle dickie wore a polyester white leisure suite til the day he died in the 90's of extreme old age) folk objecting to the name - and their reson? "the children" - but if your child already knows what a boner is... I think it's a little to late to worry about him/her hearing the word again...

Archived