Any suggestions of where to travel

MassageAdam
This topic is 1292 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have to take 2 weeks off of use or lose leave 28OCT to 11NOV... Any suggestions of where to go? I was going to go to Spain but obviously that is on hold. I thought about PVR, but going to bars during covid I'm still not comfortable with. I live in SoCal and will be traveling alone so I'm just looking for ideas of places that might be fun during this time where it's more difficult to be social.

Turkey is wide open and beautiful this time of year. Istanbul isn't too tough to get to.

PVR is too quiet with the bars mostly being closed.

Parts of the Caribbean are reopening. I vote for St Kitts-Nevis (reopens 10/31). I love going there.

Curious about Turkey. Is it safe? Also I thought I read the us govt flags travel to Turkey. Thoughts?

Curious about Turkey. Is it safe? Also I thought I read the us govt flags travel to Turkey. Thoughts?

I was in Istanbul and Bodrum less than a month ago and on return, no problems. ?‍♂️

The 'flagging' thing, I think, is an urban myth at the moment. While the US govt flags a country for issues, they don't flag a person. Perhaps in extreme circumstances, but not as per usual.

Turkey has always felt safe to me.

I was in Istanbul and Bodrum less than a month ago and on return, no problems. ?‍♂️

The 'flagging' thing, I think, is an urban myth at the moment. While the US govt flags a country for issues, they don't flag a person. Perhaps in extreme circumstances, but not as per usual.

Turkey has always felt safe to me.

When in Turkey, did you feel you had to monitor your behavior to avoid any hint of interest in men?

M

When in Turkey, did you feel you had to monitor your behavior to avoid any hint of interest in men?

My very best and oldest friend (since high school) moved to Izmir Turkey....He is gay gay gay...and has met many friends and actually met a Turk and married him after flying to Capetown and back....He bought an apartment on the Mediterranean and is teaching at the American school. He claims Turks are much more open than people would believe...