Colt Magazine 2004

thetruth
This topic is 1275 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I encountered this surfing the web and couldn't avoid feeling so nostalgic about that year.

I still remember how I used to go from newsstand to newsstand trying to open gay magazines when nobody was around. Not sure from which month was this edition but I turned 21 on that summer. Oh the mid 2000's...

2004-colt-hairy-chested-calendar-1-e56ceaaae599de2ca146e75654b0588a.jpg

I encountered this surfing the web and couldn't avoid feeling so nostalgic about that year.

I still remember how I used to go from newsstand to newsstand trying to open gay magazines when nobody was around. Not sure from which month was this edition but I turned 21 on that summer. Oh the mid 2000's...

2004-colt-hairy-chested-calendar-1-e56ceaaae599de2ca146e75654b0588a.jpg

Yeah, I remember that. Who is the guy on the cover? Was it someone named Ali?

The first gay nude male magazine that I discovered in the late seventies was In Touch. I believe I still have a issue from 1983. I would drive on a early Sunday morning from Long Island to Manhattan on 8 Ave and 42 St to a magazine store to buy that months issue. Times Square was all XXX places.

The first gay nude male magazine that I discovered in the late seventies was In Touch. I believe I still have a issue from 1983. I would drive on a early Sunday morning from Long Island to Manhattan on 8 Ave and 42 St to a magazine store to buy that months issue. Times Square was all XXX places.

There were no "gay" magazines in the 1950s, except the Mattachine Society newsletter, but there were "physique" magazines, and the only place I knew of to buy them was around Times Square. I still have a few copies. When the Janus Society in Philly started to publish Drum as an openly gay magazine in the 1960s, I used to put copies of it in the trunk of my car and take them to NY to supply the magazine stores on 42nd St. I still have a copy of the issue with a tasteful nude color photo of my partner at that time on the back cover.

The first gay nude male magazine that I discovered in the late seventies was In Touch. I believe I still have a issue from 1983. I would drive on a early Sunday morning from Long Island to Manhattan on 8 Ave and 42 St to a magazine store to buy that maonths issue. Times Square was all XXX places.

Oh wow. I actually used to frequent 8 Ave and 42 to check out magazines since this thread talks about 2004 (I mean at the big bus station).

Edited by thetruth

The thrill of checking out all those hot covers at the corner newsstand has been taken away by the keyboard and the internet. I remember the excitement of purchasing a Torso, Mandate or Honcho back in the 80's at the stand near the Works bar on Columbus Avenue in NY.

What's the cross street for that location in Columbus Avenue?