3 day weekends: Does it matter much?

Jarrod_Uncut
This topic is 1360 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Mainly referencing guys who aren’t in the 9 to 5 world.

I just find these holiday weekends don’t really make big earnings, despite the idea that many clients probably have time off. That’s for 1.

And then it seems trying to get anything done ends up being a crapshoot. From real life appointments to client appointments, it’s always like everyone is crammed and pressed for time.

I’ve just about all but given up on the weekend, even though it’s only Saturday. Couldn’t get my tour off the ground this weekend, and most times it seems anytime I want to do anything group social, I have to go out of town because most of my long time friends live out of the area.

And I don’t even bother to go on the hookup apps. All I get is guys who seem like they’re available to meet and then be like: oh I’m at a BBQ/pool/Lake/family/etc... and then flake or don’t even bother to invite. Or try to meet “afterwards”. Miss me with that. I’m not anyone’s virtual booty call.

So yeah, holiday weekends...idk. It can be fun if you have an established circle or reliable people to make plans with, but since lately I’ve been moving cities every 2-3 years, it’s impossible to make plans with “people I went to high school/college with”. And prospective clients can be equally unreliable around now. Hitting me up at odd hours or wanting shit last minute with 45 minutes from time of call to time they “have stuff to do” ??‍♂️

These are very abnormal times so everything is out of whack right now and you can’t use it to gauge.

But I will say that I usually try to stay in town for holidays because people have the extra time. Memorial Day especially, as that’s the first 3 day weekend of the year for a lot of people. I’ve also had a memorial day where I had a family emergency, and turned down about 7 appointments on the drive home.

Labor Day is always a toss-up - people travel but a lot of people traveled in August and use Labor Day to wind down. so it’s not always a wash.

but like I said right now is a terrible time to gauge anything.

I'm in the 9 to 5 world, I took Friday off to have a four-day weekend. It seems like EVERY extended holiday we have some sort of family emergency that throws a wrench into plans.

ugh, tell me about it. In my case it’s often time something car trouble...it was that way memorial weekend and last year 4th of July weekend. And of course Labor Day, all the repair shops are jammed.

I been trying to do rental cars for my tour trips, but lately every since the lockdowns have been lifted, companies have been trying to get double to make up for the loss. I used to be able to rent full sized cars/suvs for 2 weeks for less than $300. Hard to find lately. Especially on a holiday. This weekend’s search turned vehicles going for $60-$90 a day.

These are very abnormal times so everything is out of whack right now and you can’t use it to gauge.

But I will say that I usually try to stay in town for holidays because people have the extra time. Memorial Day especially, as that’s the first 3 day weekend of the year for a lot of people. I’ve also had a memorial day where I had a family emergency, and turned down about 7 appointments on the drive home.

Labor Day is always a toss-up - people travel but a lot of people traveled in August and use Labor Day to wind down. so it’s not always a wash.

but like I said right now is a terrible time to gauge anything.

Yeah, and it is hard to tell in some ways. On the one hand, people are out and about and on the other, just don’t know. They say we’re in the middle of a pandemic, but I just don’t know of anyone personally who’s actually getting seriously ill. Not to downplay it, but basically just observing people still being out and about.

There is a provider who came to Kansas City from Saint Louis this weekend. Not sure why he bothered because it’s dead here, one will be lucky to get any clients this weekend. I woulda opted to stay in Saint Louis, but even the pace of biz over there has been kinda mellow.

I just need a good 1 month tour hitting new cities every 2 to 4 days. I haven’t seen any commas in my bank account since the stimulus check. This is depressing ? But I have also been purposely low volume as I am not just letting anyone fake appointments and waste my time lately. Majority of clients over the past couple months have been by deposit and appointment only, so I’m less stressed with no shows and cancels. Only had 1 cancel over the past few weeks.

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut