Gay sex in public gets OK

deej
This topic is 5860 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest zipperzone

>Money quote: "Clearly, what is happening in the

>Netherlands is a preview of what will happen here," said

>Traditional Values Coalition executive director Andrea

>Lafferty.

>

>I fuckin' hope so!! }(

Wow - how progressive is that? I can see tour operators advertising park vacation packages as we speak.

Someone should ask the "Traditional Values Coalition" what their members would be doing in the bushes in the dead of night. Can you imagine the citizens patrols with miner's lamp helmets on?

There is a park in Ottawa that used to be known by the gays as "the enchanted forest". It is in a beautiful spot alongside the Ottawa River known as Remics Rapids. Although it was a little out-of-the-way, (most gays lived downtown and needed a car to get there), it was actually only a ten minute drive and when the weather was fine, the enchanted forest beckoned!

As the name suggests, the place was heavily forested and ideal for having a casual tryst since the foliage provided lots of cover. There was no way casual stollers along the footpath that meandered along the riverside would encounter the gays having sex in the bushes as even during the daytime, you would not guess what was going on a mere 200 feet away.

Well, the inevitable happened and the morally indignant made a big fuss when the activities in this park became widely known. First the police cracked down on the parking after midnite, when most of the fun happened. When complaints surfaced that the gays were leaving used condoms and soiled kleenex on the site,a local gay organization thoughtfully installed green plastic bags hanging from trees so that refuse could be disposed of neatly.

Nevertheless, the criticisms continued and eventually the authorities who had control of the park cut down ALL of the trees. I went there a couple of years ago on a lovely summer day and was shocked and saddened to see how devasted and ugly the site had become, despite the beauty of the river itself. It looked like a nuclear bomb had been dropped and only stumps were left and the outline of the footpaths that used to traverse the enchanted forest. :-(

Guest zipperzone

>Nevertheless, the criticisms continued and eventually the

>authorities who had control of the park cut down ALL of the

>trees. I went there a couple of years ago on a lovely summer

>day and was shocked and saddened to see how devasted and ugly

>the site had become, despite the beauty of the river itself.

>It looked like a nuclear bomb had been dropped and only stumps

>were left and the outline of the footpaths that used to

>traverse the enchanted forest. :-(

What a tragic, stupid, irrational and devestating response by civic authorities. But - I'm not surprised. One wonders who votes these cretins into office. At least some of them only have 9 months left to wreck havoc.

>What a tragic, stupid, irrational and devestating response by

>civic authorities.

Indeed. But the true sadness is that in the not-too-distant future another cretin will claim "Gay sex causes deforestation" as a platform, and get elected. It feeds itself. x(

Guest zipperzone

>>What a tragic, stupid, irrational and devestating

>response by

>>civic authorities.

>

>Indeed. But the true sadness is that in the not-too-distant

>future another cretin will claim "Gay sex causes

>deforestation" as a platform, and get elected. It feeds

>itself. x(

Probably most useful in Oklahoma by women running for re-election, who have gay sons and the righteousness of the Bible to back them up.

In the middle of Tel Aviv there is a beautiful park overlooking the Mediterrenean Sea, just under the Hilton Hotel, which is 24/7 an open gay sex space, of course much more when dark begins.

I have no idea how Israeli laws are about it, but nobody seems to care!

I really doubt anything similar could happen in this Country.

I am now working in Naples FL for 2 weeks, and almost every day I spend a couple of hours at the beach enjoying the gorgeous weather. Being Italian I always and only wear speedos at the beach, but I realize that I am practically the only one (apart from some other Eurpean tourist) who wears them, and people look at me like I am walking naked...

:o

Guest zipperzone

>Being Italian I always and only wear speedos

>at the beach, but I realize that I am practically the only one

>(apart from some other Eurpean tourist) who wears them, and

>people look at me like I am walking naked...

I can never understand the mentality of the average North American male. You're right, Speedos acceptance seems to be a thing of the past. If you aren't wearing board shorts that cover you fron naval to knee, you're looked upon as some kind of freak - read gay. (They give you wierd tan lines too)

But it's perfectly OK for females to wear the skimpiest bikinis and thongs. Where is the logic in that? No one looks at them and thinks they are lesbians, do they?

Archived