The Hardy Boys

ariadne1880
This topic is 5871 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

OK. I'll admit it. This 1970s TV series is as cheesy and lame as it gets. But a friend gave me Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD for Christmas and I've been making my way through it. You know what?

I still find Parker Stevenson hot. It's the only reason to watch this. I remember as a kid in the 1970s that Shaun Cassidy was the big heartthrob and star of the show while Stevenson took a back seat. I never got that. Still don't.

Stevenson: jock, went to Princeton, hot athletic body, blonde, piercing blue eyes.

Cassidy: teenage girl's body, feminine, twinky.

How could anyone prefer Cassidy? Are these the same people who like Jason Castro on Idol?

Everytime Cassidy starts singing and shaking those 22 inch hips I have to reach for a barf bag.

However, everytime Stevenson is in tight polyester pants or jeans and that smokin hot ass of his .... or when they manage to get his shirt off coming out of the shower or in a surfing competition my temp still rises.

And today, at 55, Stevenson is still a good-looking guy in great shape. Cassidy? He's a big, fat, bloated-looking guy. Sad.

Mark

Don't forget that Kirtsie Alley in an Emmy acceptance speech once thanked then husband Parker Stevenson for slipping her the big one.

I have never seen a purplekow;

I never hope to see one;

I can tell you anyhow;

I'd rather see than be one

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror

Check out Mabel Maney's "A Ghost in the Closet," featuring Nancy Clue and the Hardly Boys. Totally frivolous and entertaining mystery spoof of you-know-who. I always wondered what was the real secret of the cave.

And on the subject of gay mysteries, Netflix offers two of gay private eye Don Stratchey's cases. Again, light, with great eye candy. Are there really that many hot guys in Albany?

"I'd say that's a bit of an extreme reaction, now wouldn't you?" -- N.F. Bates

Lankypeters

My gonads had barely reached maturity, but I remember not wanting to miss a single episode. I loved them both, but Shawn Cassidy really made me melt in those days. I think my partner would hit me on the head with our cast iron cookware if I ordered the series on Netflix. x( Too bad, because I'd like to revive some memories.

Guest Wetnwildbear

>For me, Parker Stevenson had nothing on Timothy Van Patten,

>who played Salami on "White Shadow" (he's #3 on the

>bottom right). He totally reminds me of teenage Derek.

>

>http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/gallery.sopranos/images/001255820.jpg

>

>

Then I would Love Derek - Because I had a HUGE CRUSH on

Timmy Van Patten - Especially loved the shower scenes from

"The White Shadow." I was in high school I think, because whatever

night that show was on - I would not work.

I saw him a few years ago on an HBO making of the Sopranos kind of

show - Timmy directed a fair number of Sopranos episodes. The point

is he still looked HOT!

WOOF - Salami and Derek - Perfect together!

}( }( }( }(

Mark, I was so busy hijacking your thread to talk about Salami that I completely forgot to mention my Parker Stevenson doll. I'm not sure where you live, but if you ever visited me, I would make an exception to my "look but don't touch" (the dolls) policy and let you fondle him. :p

http://www.dollreference.com/images/kener_hardy_boys.jpg

Archived