David Archuleta Sings the Crap Out of "Imagine"

Lucky
This topic is 5889 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ReturnOfS

Thanks for the video. I haven't been watching the show. Maybe I should now.

In that clip from the past it looks like David was a bit chunky when he was a little kid :-) Definitely not now.

Paula had me laughing when she said that she wanted to squeeze his head off and put it on her rearview mirror :+ It was pretty touching that she was brought to tears, though :-)

It was an outstanding performance.

So did Lakisha nail Jennifer Holiday's Dreamgirl song last season on the first show.

The point the favorite coming out of the early rounds have a tough time later on. The judges expect that kind of performance every week. The early favorites have rarely made it to the end.

Everyone crowned Melinda the champion early on and she did not make the finals.

The kid has 13 weeks to go and it will be tough road. That said if you have the teenie boppers behind you and he can sing he will go far.

I was going to mention it but I didn't want to sound like a pedophile. I don't watch "American Idol" because that is not my type of music. But I saw the clip on youtube today. That guy is really, really cute. I don't know his age but I suspect I'm close to being accused of a crime.

I think the song is a piece of crap but he's so good he almost makes it sound like a real song.

Mark

David is a well-known performer in Utah. I've seen him perform in person several times through the years. You could tell 4 or 5 years ago that he had great potential.

I thought his performance of "Imagine" was the best I've ever heard (and I'm not a fan of Lennon's music). Would love to see him as the Idol winner this year. I think he deserves it.

By the way, here's a pix of him in his younger days.

http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/star_search2/images/bio_page/david_archuleta_photo.jpg

And, a current photo (he's currently 17 years old).

http://www.gambling911.com/David-Archuleta.jpg

Guest zipperzone

I think Archuleta has a huge talent and it's going to be tough for the other contestants to beat him. I know that historically, early favorites don't usually make it to the end but in his case, he just might.

The biggest voting block is female tenny-boppers and they will go for him in a big way - watch for him to become a cult figure before it's over. The nicest thing about him (apart from his vocal talents) is that he seems to be so polite and unassuming. Nice change!

BUT.... As cute as he is, he is not the hottie on the show. That title falls on David (there are 3 Davids this year) HERNANDEZ. His singing is very good too but his looks are to die for and you can tell he has a great bod under those tight shirts. It was noticable that Ryan had a hard time keeping his hands off of him ;-)

And Ryan was looking very hot himself tonight in those skinny jeans.

Simon - true to himself as ever, made a couple of cutting remarks about how Ryan would know all about high heels and satin gowns. What's with those two. Does Simon know more about Ryan than he's ready to tell?

Little David does definitely Project a very Angelic Choir Boy Personna. IF he keeps getting very good Material, he just might pull it off.

BUT he does have the Aussie and the "Model Looking" Guy right behind him! As far as Looks Go... this Year probably has the Best "Crop" ever! IMHO of course..:)

Hate the show never did like it. Think it is about as real as Brit's tits. Y'all can keep your squeeky clean pretty boys. I think this one http://media.americanidol.com/photos/226/29126.jpg is hot and could prob out fuck any of the pretty boys.

Hugs,

Greg

seaboy4hire@yahoo.com

http://seaboy4hire.tripod.com http://www.daddysreviews.com/newest.php?who=greg_seattle

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6707/lebec084a9ad147f620acd5ps8.jpg

Chicago Jan 30th, Feb 1, 2, and 4th

Guest zipperzone

>Might we see some pics of David Hernandez? A friend told me

>there is some hot Australian guy on the show with great

>biceps. That's not him, is it?

>

>Mark

Sorry - don't have time to find them right now but if you go the the Idol official webpage and click on contestants, there are about 10 of them posted there.

The Guy is an Orlando Bloom look alike! It might Help..BUT his voice is a little on the Weak Side.

Personally I like the "Aussie" Guy. But again at this point in time it is a Crap Shoot!

Ultimately the Teeny Boppers will choose the Winner be it..Male or the Other! LOL

IMHO of course...;-)

I checked out some of the other youtube stuff on David Archuleta and it's really hard to believe this guy just turned 17. As someone who works with young, classically-trained voices this guy is the real deal. It's an amazingly mature voice for 17. He is very confident when he sings but when he speaks he seems nervous and shy.

Also, on a creepy note, when Ryan Seacrest is standing next to him you can practically see the lustiness in Seacrest's eyes. That guy is really creepy.

Mark

We all have our own personal indulgences when it comes to watching TV. I am not one to plan my life around it though. I just enjoy the AI approach along with So You think you can dance. I like to get to know what I am watching so I will look up most of the on line stuff about them.

This is the best looking lineup of men the show has had. Plenty of nice looking guys to choose from.

I am hopeful they will give the competitors some better music to pick from. Also, maybe I am not the best judge of music, but the band is only so-so this season. I think they have too much equipment for the small venue. They have played over the top of many of the competitors and I do not think it is really their fault.

Why not just start the season at the main venue in the first place?

"Imagine" is one of the most treacly songs ever written and in the hands of a non-singer like John Lennon -- in that whiny, monochromatic sound of his -- it sounds even worse. But in the hands of a someone with a beautiful voice like Archuleta it comes across like something that could have been written by Sammy Cahn or Frank Loesser.

I have never watched AI but now might be compelled to do so just to see how this kid does with different songs and styles.

Boy, to be his parents. I'd be prouder than hell.

Mark

>I think Archuleta has a huge talent and it's going to be

>tough for the other contestants to beat him. I know that

>historically, early favorites don't usually make it to the end

>but in his case, he just might.

>

>The biggest voting block is female tenny-boppers and they will

>go for him in a big way - watch for him to become a cult

>figure before it's over. The nicest thing about him (apart

>from his vocal talents) is that he seems to be so polite and

>unassuming. Nice change!

>

>BUT.... As cute as he is, he is not the hottie on the show.

>That title falls on David (there are 3 Davids this year)

>HERNANDEZ. His singing is very good too but his looks are to

>die for and you can tell he has a great bod under those tight

>shirts. It was noticable that Ryan had a hard time keeping his

>hands off of him ;-)

>

>And Ryan was looking very hot himself tonight in those skinny

>jeans.

>

>Simon - true to himself as ever, made a couple of cutting

>remarks about how Ryan would know all about high heels and

>satin gowns. What's with those two. Does Simon know more about

>Ryan than he's ready to tell?

Soo...any info on Seacrest ?? What do you folks hear ?

Guest zipperzone

>Soo...any info on Seacrest ?? What do you folks hear ?

He has never been actually outed as such but when Merv Griffin died there was a lot of talk about how Ryan never made any career move without discussing it with Merv first and that he thought of Merv as his mentor.

Knowing what we know about Merv gives rise to the speculation that Ryan was one of "Merv's boys".

Guest zipperzone

>It's too early in the morning for a pic like that. Ewwwwwwwww

>..... Yuck. I almost lost my breakfast.

>

>I rather fuck a woman. Again.

>

>Mark

Not to worry - he got booted last night - bye bye......

Archived