Memorial Day Weekend Travel

MidwestMarc
This topic is 1455 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

London/Paris/Madrid/Barcelona In The Fall?....I canceled my trip this Spring and hope to be able to travel this Fall...Anyone else thinking about it?

I will of course make my plans will due diligence. I usually spend 3 weeks plus 1 week in NYC...I may skip NYC unless I get some good rates...

The flat I stay in London is wide open/same for Paris.. Anyone else?

while not a memorial day trip, i am giving serious consideration to taking the train from the east coast to the west coast, then on to northwest Canada and a trip east bound in Canada. If I get my own compartment I think I would feel safer than getting packed in on a plane

You might want to check Canadian entry requirements. A Vancouver-based provider said visitors from the USA have to self-quarantine for 14 days.

You might want to check Canadian entry requirements. A Vancouver-based provider said visitors from the USA have to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Current reports indicate that the travel ban of non-essential travel (incl tourism) by Yankees into the Great White North land of the Canucks.....the ban itself has now been extended to 21.6.2020.....but even after that date, all foreigners entering must still pledge to self-quarantine for the 14 days....

(luckily when I traveled from the states to Israel 2 weeks ago....my own circumstances, contacts & connections presented an acceptable-to-me alternative to the israeli arrival imposition of a quarantine....if absent that “opportunity“, that would have made me skip the journey at that time altogether).

while not a memorial day trip, i am giving serious consideration to taking the train from the east coast to the west coast, then on to northwest Canada and a trip east bound in Canada. If I get my own compartment I think I would feel safer than getting packed in on a plane

As noted above, you probably won't be able to do it. Last year we did the Vancouver-Toronto train trip in our own sleeper compartment, and it was wonderful. However, social distancing is impossible in the narrow train corridors and in the dining area. You will probably touch even more people and more things that other people have touched on a train than on a cruise ship.

This is the first time I've stayed home on Memorial day since at least 2000 (with the exception of 2012 when I broke my femur) and have been to IML every one of those years except last year. Going to be strange not doing anything and not like I need the time to catch up on stuff since I've been home for the past two and a half months.

Something to keep in mind if you are travelling is a lot of attractions like museums will be closed as well as a lot of bars and restaurants in a lot of places. Also some hotels are closed. The Chicago Hilton and another large hotel we use for business travel are closed now due to no business. I also wouldn't want to be on a subway or bus or uber right now if you are flying to whereever you are going.