Downton Abbey, the movie, the waste

According to the Downton Abbey wiki she was born in 1842, but I've never seen anything in the show refer to that specific date.

https://downtonabbey.fandom.com/wiki/Violet_Crawley

I put together a Downton Abbey timeline while I was bored during lockdown, basing it on dates I can glean from the show's events, and information in the wiki.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/8/2021 at 1:40 AM, jeezifonly said:

The trouble I find with all soap operas going on too long is that it’s impossible to follow the characters over 20 years and not have to manufacture interest with alien abductions or reappeared evil twins...

You say that like it's a bad thing. 

But seriously, I guess DA did have that awful "reappearance of the heir" episode early on in S2 (the Canadian convalescent who claimed to be Patrick and had a badly disfigured face). And we spent 4 seasons on "Who will Mary love again?" But overall, I didn't think they had too many bad plot choices. You're right that if they string it out too long, we'll probably have Mr. Pamuk's brother showing up as a guest and deflowering another virgin and then dying in her bed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/9/2021 at 9:50 AM, AceHardware said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. 

But seriously, I guess DA did have that awful "reappearance of the heir" episode early on in S2 (the Canadian convalescent who claimed to be Patrick and had a badly disfigured face). And we spent 4 seasons on "Who will Mary love again?" But overall, I didn't think they had too many bad plot choices. You're right that if they string it out too long, we'll probably have Mr. Pamuk's brother showing up as a guest and deflowering another virgin and then dying in her bed.

Or often the cute babies/children grow up to be not great actors (Daniel Radcliffe being an exception)