It's Not Delivery. It's ...

Gar1eth
This topic is 1459 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s so easy to make your own pizza dough, pennies a batch, and no bread machine.

BBQ chicken, purple onion, goat cheese. Fresh chopped cilantro tossed on after oven bake.

0235-F0-D7-ACE2-482-E-BBF2-77-C8-DE17-A097.jpg

I'm sure it's delicious but not really my type. I'm not sure I like goat cheese , and I need some tomato sauce.

Gman

Bread machines are also rare-to-nonexistent online.

THIS !

What the hell is going on with bread flour ? I have looked for it every single trip I’ve made to the store - 2 chains - and havent been able to find it. I like the slightly chewy texture that the protein in bread flour creates. I’ve got lots of all purpose flour but can’t get my hands on the good stuf.

I'm sure it's delicious but not really my type. I'm not sure I like goat cheese , and I need some tomato sauce.

Gman

I’m not a “food police” guy...and you’ll get tomato sauce in Digiornos along with more. I love “mechanically separated Chicken, Beef....” enjoy!

INGREDIENTS: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (Part Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Tomato Paste, Pepperoni Made With Pork, Chicken and Beef (Pork, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Beef, Salt, Contains 2% or Less of Spices, Dextrose, Pork Stock, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Oleoresin of Paprika, Flavoring, Sodium Nitrite, Sodium Ascorbate, Paprika, Natural Smoke Flavor, BHA, BHT, Citric Acid), Sugar. Contains Less than 2% of Wheat Gluten, Vegetable Oil (Soybean Oil, and/or Corn Oil). White Corn Meal, Yeast, Salt, Yellow Corn Meal, Baking Powder (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate). Seasoning Blend. (Salt, Spice, Dried Garlic), Datem, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Ascorbic Acid.

THIS !

What the hell is going on with bread flour ? I have looked for it every single trip I’ve made to the store - 2 chains - and havent been able to find it. I like the slightly chewy texture that the protein in bread flour creates. I’ve got lots of all purpose flour but can’t get my hands on the good stuf.

I looked so hard for bread flour I finally split a 50# with my brother from a commercial source.

But! King Arthur just sent me an email today that they My favorite back in stock, limited purchases, run!

King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour

THIS !

I bought some organic unbleached all purpose flour about 3 weeks ago because it was literally the only bag of flour on the shelf at the time, and the first bag I had seen in weeks. Over the last week and a 1/2 or so I've seen a bit more flour on shelf, but I haven't been looking for bread flour specifically. If you can't find bread flour, is it possible for you to add gluten to your all purpose flour?

81V2THjoqJL._SL1500_.jpg

Gman

I’ve been making a lot of sourdough... baguettes, Miches. King Arthur is my go to website for recipes and video tutorials. Made my first starter a month ago and have been baking every week. Have been sharing my starter with my neighbor who makes really great rye bread. It’s arduous work for just bread. Makes me grateful for bakers who make this everyday. Definitely not easy work. Although nothing beats a fresh warm loaf in the morning :)

I’ve been making a lot of sourdough... baguettes, Miches. King Arthur is my go to website for recipes and video tutorials. Made my first starter a month ago and have been baking every week. Have been sharing my starter with my neighbor who makes really great rye bread. It’s arduous work for just bread. Makes me grateful for bakers who make this everyday. Definitely not easy work. Although nothing beats a fresh warm loaf in the morning :)

It’s truly a labor of love. For the artisan craft, for yourself, for those you share it with.

I bought some organic unbleached all purpose flour about 3 weeks ago because it was literally the only bag of flour on the shelf at the time, and the first bag I had seen in weeks. Over the last week and a 1/2 or so I've seen a bit more flour on shelf, but I haven't been looking for bread flour specifically. If you can't find bread flour, is it possible for you to add gluten to your all purpose flour?

81V2THjoqJL._SL1500_.jpg

Gman

I add a bit of vital wheat gluten when I make rye bread, and other whole grains breads. They don’t have a lot of natural gluten and the loaves can get (too) dense. Couple tablespoons Gluten for a batch of dough for two substantial boules or loaves. Need to up the water %% gluten sucks up the water.

I add a bit of vital wheat gluten when I make rye bread, and other whole grains breads. They don’t have a lot of natural gluten and the loaves can get (too) dense. Couple tablespoons Gluten for a batch of dough for two substantial boules or loaves. Need to up the water %% gluten sucks up the water.

Have you tried Hokkaido Milk Bread? They are so light and fluffy and pretty easy to make (vs. long resting time with sourdoughs).

It’s truly a labor of love. For the artisan craft, for yourself, for those you share it with.

Agree... I only keep a quarter of what I make and the rest are given away to a few neighbors in my building. French butter is perfect with these creations.

It’s so easy to make your own pizza dough, pennies a batch, and no bread machine.

BBQ chicken, purple onion, goat cheese. Fresh chopped cilantro tossed on after oven bake.

0235-F0-D7-ACE2-482-E-BBF2-77-C8-DE17-A097.jpg

I hate onions.. but that pizza.. looks YUM!! all that cilantro :D