I'm SHOCKED nobody posted this MONUMENTAL TV news-- Stabler returns!

EVEN IN THE MIDST OF A PANDEMIC, HOW COULD Y'ALL HAVE MISSED THIS?

NBC has given a 13-episode series order to a new Dick Wolf crime drama series starring Christopher Meloni, reprising his “Law & Order: SVU” role as Elliot Stabler. The drama, which marks the actor’s return to the Dick Wolf fold, revolves around the NYPD organized crime unit led by Stabler (Meloni). It is the first show to come out of the massive new five-year, nine-figure, multi-platform deal Wolf signed with Universal Television last month, which includes multiple series commitments.

Former “Chicago P.D.” showrunner Matt Olmstead is being eyed as writer-showrunner.

Like “Law & Order: SVU,” headlined by Mariska Hargitay as Olivia Benson, the new drama is set in New York, allowing for potential seamless crossovers with “SVU,” also set at an NYPD unit, and for Benson-Stabler reunions.

With their undeniable on-screen chemistry and great rapport on and off the set, Hargitay and Meloni were one of television’s most popular duos for over a decade.

During his almost nine years away from “SVU,” Meloni remained close with Hargitay and the Wolf family. In January, the former co-stars appeared together, alongside Wolf, in “The Paley Center Salutes Law & Order: SVU” TV special on NBC. It was around that time the press first heard chatter of a potential new Wolf series with Meloni.

Had SVU's season not been cut short by the pandemic, the season finale would have involved Elliot's wife & one of his sons, and would have served as his re-introduction.

I'm sure there will be a few cross-overs with SVU, but that's NOT the cross-over I'm interested in seeing...

As we all know, Elliot is the long-lost half-brother of Bonnie Plunkett, of CBS's MOM. They had the same mother:

Here's Bonnie with her mother, Shirley Stabler:

First Look: Ellen Burstyn Opposite Allison Janney on Mom | Mom tv show  cast, Mom tv show, Mom series

And here's Elliot with his mother, Bernadette Stabler:

bernie+(3).jpg

My theory is that Shirley Bernadette Stabler was so overcome with guilt and shame about abandoning Bonnie at a fire house when she was four that she fled cross-country and tried to re-invent herself as Bernadette Shirley Stabler, and that's when she met Elliot's dad. Of course, once she tired of Elliot's dad, she fled cross-country again... wait until Elliot finds out he also has a younger half-brother, Ray Stabler, shown here in the scene in which he & Bonnie first found out about each other:

Tush_Push_and_Some_Radishes.jpg

Considering that Olivia lost her own long-lost half-sibling earlier this season, it's gonna be bittersweet for her when she finds out about Elliot's new expanded family.

BTW, IMHO... the SVU episode with Bernadette Shirley Stabler was the best in the show's history. He should have had at least an EMMY nomination... maybe his half-sister can give him one of her SIX awards.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

EVEN IN THE MIDST OF A PANDEMIC, HOW COULD Y'LL HAVE MISSED THIS?

NBC has given a 13-episode series order to a new Dick Wolf crime drama series starring Christopher Meloni, reprising his “Law & Order: SVU” role as Elliot Stabler. The drama, which marks the actor’s return to the Dick Wolf fold, revolves around the NYPD organized crime unit led by Stabler (Meloni). It is the first show to come out of the massive new five-year, nine-figure, multi-platform deal Wolf signed with Universal Television last month, which includes multiple series commitments.

Former “Chicago P.D.” showrunner Matt Olmstead is being eyed as writer-showrunner.

Like “Law & Order: SVU,” headlined by Mariska Hargitay as Olivia Benson, the new drama is set in New York, allowing for potential seamless crossovers with “SVU,” also set at an NYPD unit, and for Benson-Stabler reunions.

With their undeniable on-screen chemistry and great rapport on and off the set, Hargitay and Meloni were one of television’s most popular duos for over a decade.

During his almost nine years away from “SVU,” Meloni remained close with Hargitay and the Wolf family. In January, the former co-stars appeared together, alongside Wolf, in “The Paley Center Salutes Law & Order: SVU” TV special on NBC. It was around that time the press first heard chatter of a potential new Wolf series with Meloni.

Had SVU's season not been cut short by the pandemic, the season finale would have involved Elliot's wife & one of his sons, and would have served as his re-introduction.

I'm sure there will be a few cross-overs with SVU, but that's NOT the cross-over I'm interested in seeing...

As we all know, Elliot is the long-lost half-brother of Bonnie Plunkett, of CBS's MOM. They had the same mother:

Here's Bonnie with her mother, Shirley Stabler:

106950_d0721b.jpg

And here's Elliot with his mother, Bernadette Stabler:

bernie+(3).jpg

My theory is that Shirley Bernadette Stabler was so overcome with guilt and shame about abandoning Bonnie at a fire house when she was four that she fled cross-country and tried to re-invent herself as Bernadette Shirley Stabler, and that's when she met Elliot's dad. Of course, once she tired of Elliot's dad, she fled cross-country again... wait until Elliot finds out he also has a younger half-brother, Ray Stabler, shown here in the scene in which he & Bonnie first found out about each other:

Tush_Push_and_Some_Radishes.jpg

Considering that Olivia lost her own long-lost half-sibling earlier this season, it's gonna be bittersweet for her when she finds out about Elliot's new expanded family.

BTW, IMHO... the SVU episode with Bernadette Shirley Stabler was the best in the show's history. He should have had at least an EMMY nomination... maybe his sister can give him one of her SIX awards.

The only time I have ever had a small tiney tiny wish to be in prison was during Meloni's shower scenes in OZ. OMG. And of course it was for his acting and screen presence … gripping

• 3 weeks later...

Christopher Meloni and his wife have put their historic Hollywood Hills home on the market for $6.5 million, according to Variety.

The 1916 home is famous for having been the TV (and real-life) house of Ozzie and Harriet Nelson of the famed sitcom “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet,” which ran from 1952 to 1966. According to Variety, Ozzie died in the master bedroom in 1975.

The LA Times reported in 2013 that a Beverly Hills realtor, who sold the home three times after, said there was a legend it was haunted.

The address also was Ari Gold’s house on “Entourage.”

• 10 months later...
The only time I have ever had a small tiney tiny wish to be in prison was during Meloni's shower scenes in OZ. OMG. And of course it was for his acting and screen presence … gripping

Beautiful. Thank you. I'll be back in a sec …

Been getting my dose of Meloni melons in his show Happy on Netflix. An odd show and he is not looking his best but that ass is still smoking.

Woof woof woof

I love Christopher Meloni. He’s still hot in my book! Major DILf

Chris Meloni . . . the hottest dad on TV.

I wasn't overly enthusiastic about the show. I know they swapped in a new actress for his oldest daughter, but couldn't tell about the older son under the beard.

Edited by samhexum

Awe & Order: Christopher Meloni’s ‘juicy’ booty causes Twitter stir

Stabler is stacked, honey.

Just days after Christopher Meloni’s 60th birthday, the “Law & Order” star’s sweet cake is being celebrated all over social media.

Without the help of Photoshop or asset-accentuating Amazon leggings, Meloni’s magnificent gluteus maximus is going viral on Twitter, thanks to a picture snapped while he was filming “Law & Order: Organized Crime” in Brooklyn Wednesday.

Meloni and his famous moneymaker made their highly anticipated return to the “Law & Order” franchise last week after a decade-long hiatus.

And fanny fans are seriously fawning over that full-figured tail feather.

“I don’t know [whose] birthday it is but [Meloni] is serving cake for dinner,” one booty buff tweeted.

Them cakes are rated E for everyone. ?

— Chaosbutterfly (@Khaosbutterfly) April 8, 2021

I just want to fall asleep while resting my head on Chris Meloni's juicy cakes. Is that too much to ask?

— Bad Dad (@BaddestDaddest) April 7, 2021

How’s Meloni handling all this heinie heat?

Well, it’s safe to say the apple-bottomed actor — best known for slaying the role of Detective Elliot Stabler on “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” for 12 seasons — is slaphappy about the round of applause his rump is receiving.

Sure- big birthday(60), big boy(200 lbs), big cake https://t.co/lmkZ5JKFWe

— Chris Meloni (@Chris_Meloni) April 8, 2021

He’s been on the business end of patootie praise before.

Meloni’s cheeks went red from blushing while he read aloud the thirsty tweets that fans shared about his “thick” derrière in 2019.

“I’d cut off my arm to touch Christopher Meloni’s butt. It’s that serious,” he recited from an admirer’s Twitter post.

“Christopher Meloni is what I imagine when I say I want a [thick] daddy,” he read, quoting another complimentary commentator.

He chuckled when he came across a tweet that said: “When I’m sad I just google Christopher Meloni’s butt until I’m not sad anymore.”

His reprised Detective Stabler on the series premiere of “Law & Order: Organized Crime” last Thursday beckoned a staggering 8 million viewers.

Meloni was taken aback by his warm re-welcome to prime-time television.

“It was pretty overwhelming,” he told People of the positive fan reaction.

“I was not prepared. It’s overwhelming and it’s wonderful and it’s very appreciated.”

christopher-meloni-butt-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024

meloni.jpg

• 5 months later...

Bizarre piece of trivia about S2E3--

There was a shot of Stabler sitting in his car surveilling Austin's Ale House (Which I ate at once years ago)--

Kitty Genovese lived in an apartment above it (it had another name then) and was murdered right outside it:

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/73406-poll-are-ny-values-good-for-the-country/?tab=comments#comment-749372

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

• 5 months later...

Ned Eisenberg, who played 2 different lawyers many times on LAW & ORDER and SVU died last Sunday after a 2 year battle with cancer.  He was 65.  He also played Christopher Meloni's older brother in the sitcom THE FANELLI BOYS... any show that had young Mr. Meloni's butt squeezed into a pair of spandex bike shorts in one episode (and tight jeans in some others) is seared into my memory.  Every time I ever saw Ned Eisenberg onscreen I'd say to myself 'there's the guy whose younger brother wore bike shorts that one time..."

SOME OF THE SHOW'S HIGH BROW HUMOR:

WHAT AN ODD-LOOKING CUM STAIN!

THE FANELLI BOYS, Christopher Meloni, Ann Morgan Guilbert, 1990-91. © NBC /  Courtesy: Everett Collection Stock Photo - Alamy

Chris Meloni on Twitter: "#FlashbackFriday Frankie Fanelli...The Fanelli  Boys. #thebeginning #checkthehair #whenmuscleshirtswerecool  http://t.co/Treq8zxRYi" / Twitter 

Christopher Meloni quote: I took acting classes in college, and once I  graduated...

Christopher Meloni - Movies & Autographed Portraits Through The Decades

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

• 5 months later...