Nine men arrested in Grindr sex sting in North Georgia

Reg
This topic is 1497 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don’t think there are minors on grindr you’re mistaken.

If you dont think there are adults on Grindr trying to hook up with them, you’re mistaken.

I’ve reported 7 under age profiles over the last year. I don’t blame the kids either, I blame the adults.

Actually you should blame both. There are laws that say minors can't be on Grindr. It's for their protection. The minors are willingly breaking those laws just as much as the pedophiles going after them. And some of these minors have an attraction to older guys. It's like they are offering drugs to an addict.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

Actually you should blame both. There are laws that say minors can't be on Grindr. It's for their protection. The minors are willingly breaking those laws just as much as the pedophiles going after them. And some of these minors have an attraction to older guys. It's like they are offering drugs to an addict.

Gman

I believe kids (anyone under 18) lack the mental capacity to be held accountable for making the decision to create a Grindr profile.

I know the law says differently with age of consent around the country, but I think minors aren’t culpable for their actions when there is a significant age difference.

I believe kids (anyone under 18) lack the mental capacity to be held accountable for making the decision to create a Grindr profile.

I know the law says differently with age of consent around the country, but I think minors aren’t culpable for their actions when there is a significant age difference.

I think that's a weak excuse, as well as partially facilitated by sign up based apps and how online teens are with social media. i was 14 and browsing craigslist non stop through high school, but knew I couldn't do anything online sexually until I was 18. Actually lost my virginity to a butch lesbian from craigslist at 18. But back then if you were curious you could browse ads freely, so your viewpoint would actually have more weight as it would be more of an impulse to click and say im horny want to hookup. Now if you have to create a login to even view the content of that site/app, even with a fake email/burner account, that makes the decision to do so more dynamic. Additionally teens should be taught more that actions have consequences. Yes, mental capacity is still limited and increasing, and most of that is on a biochemical level. But if you can condition through environmental factors, such as holding responsibility for actions, then there is no need to be handicapped by biology.

I think that's a weak excuse, as well as partially facilitated by sign up based apps and how online teens are with social media. i was 14 and browsing craigslist non stop through high school, but knew I couldn't do anything online sexually until I was 18. Actually lost my virginity to a butch lesbian from craigslist at 18. But back then if you were curious you could browse ads freely, so your viewpoint would actually have more weight as it would be more of an impulse to click and say im horny want to hookup. Now if you have to create a login to even view the content of that site/app, even with a fake email/burner account, that makes the decision to do so more dynamic. Additionally teens should be taught more that actions have consequences. Yes, mental capacity is still limited and increasing, and most of that is on a biochemical level. But if you can condition through environmental factors, such as holding responsibility for actions, then there is no need to be handicapped by biology.

Adults have to know better. Always.

That’s begging to be a country song.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mister Conway Twitty

3wjadz.jpg

Since I work with youth at a school I actually make it a policy to delete dating apps during the school year. I redownload them over breaks and if I am visiting somewhere over a weekend or something. I stayed away from apps after seeing one of my students on Grindr (he was over 18, FYI). I deleted it immediately after seeing his profile on there and made it a policy to keep the app off my phone whenever I am working.

So yeah, you definitely have to be careful with these apps. Even though I agree 100% that this sheriff is engaging in entrapment and should face consequences for his actions.

Edited by keroscenefire

Very true, just trying to point out minors don't have to be inculpable all the time.

I think they do. This world sucks and a lot is thrown at kids, but they’re still kids in my opinion. It would be great to teach them to be smarter kids, but kids they are.

If you don’t think there are minors on grindr you’re mistaken.

If you dont think there are adults on Grindr trying to hook up with them, you’re mistaken.

I’ve reported 7 under age profiles over the last year. I don’t blame the kids either, I blame the adults.

Gman

I think they do. This world sucks and a lot is thrown at kids, but they’re still kids in my opinion. It would be great to teach them to be smarter kids, but kids they are.

But they are old enough to know right from wrong. In the same way they know not to go around stealing. And if an upper age teen steals something significant, then they go to reform school. It's one thing for a teen to experiment or have sex with someone their own age. And yes I know there are probably lots of MC members here who liked significantly older guys when they were teens, and possibly went after older guys and are fine today. That they, or anyone else, got away with it is not an excuse. There's still a good reason for the laws. And yes teens by definition are not fully mature, but upper level teens still share some culpability when they deliberately flout laws made for their own protection, posting profiles, and going after older guys.

Gman