Do any of you know if there's a way to save photos from Instagram?

This topic is 1488 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One website which doesn't seem to allow me to right-click and save photos is instagram. I suppose it's probably supposed to be designed that way. But I'm sure some people have figured a way around this? Do any of you know how I can save photos on instagram into my JO file?

One website which doesn't seem to allow me to right-click and save photos is instagram. I suppose it's probably supposed to be designed that way. But I'm sure some people have figured a way around this? Do any of you know how I can save photos on instagram into my JO file?

At one time you could do so when using Chrome, but no more. I simply take screen snips. If you use a Mac, it is called Screenshot. Using Windows 10, it is called Snip and Sketch. I use Snagit, which you can buy for about $30. The nice thing about Snagit is it has some great editing tools.

At one time you could do so when using Chrome, but no more. I simply take screen snips. If you use a Mac, it is called Screenshot. Using Windows 10, it is called Snip and Sketch. I use Snagit, which you can buy for about $30. The nice thing about Snagit is it has some great editing tools.

Robster's tool worked, but what's Snip and Sketch (i.e. through what application does one access it)?

Robster's tool worked, but what's Snip and Sketch (i.e. through what application does one access it)?

It is hidden in plain sight under "S" in the Windows 10 "Start" menu. I stumbled upon it by accident one day. You can also start it by pressing <Shft>, <Windows Key>, <S> If memory serves correctly, it was called "Snip" in Windows 7 and was displayed under "Accessories." .

In Windows 10 (actually it goes back to Windows 8), open the start menu and type snip.

The start menu will show you the program. From there you can right-click and pin it to the start menu or the taskbar. Or you can just do the search each time. I don't know how often you want to do screen shots.

I did that, but now the functionality of my right click "Search Windows for Image" no longer works. Any idea how I can get that back?

Do you mean "Search Google for Image"? I don't, sorry. That functionality is still working for me.

Rob

With Firefox without using an extension.

Right Click

Select "View page info" on pop-up window

Select "Media" on page info window

Sort the list of web addresses by the "Type" column and scroll to the image that you want (you can also do this for videos). Select the address of the image and then select "Save As".

PS. I like to avoid addons and extensions if possible.

I use Snagit, which you can buy for about $30. The nice thing about Snagit is it has some great editing tools.

Snag-It is awesome. We use it at work and I purchased a license for myself at home. The editing tools are great and you can maintain a history of your captures. Worth the $30.

Snag-It is awesome. We use it at work and I purchased a license for myself at home. The editing tools are great and you can maintain a history of your captures. Worth the $30.

That's exactly how I was first introduced to it. Wonderful product.

If you are "technically proficient", you can right-click and "Inspect Element". You may have to open some closed "paragraphs" but running your mouse over the links will pop-up the image. From there, right-click to open in a new tap, you can right-click and save from there.

Long, so not as easy as others, but works on most sites. For a JO file, find and extension :)