Feeling like the 80s again

Poincare
This topic is 1501 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes. 20%+ had gotten to be a factor in going out anyway. Somehow delivery seems more of a lower-set-tip business. Getting away with a $5 or $10 tip on a $100 meal seems a bargain. I usually do carry-out and having just a tip-jar is really a bargain.

I feel like 70’ yesrs

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although some similarities, nothing will ever compare with the horror of the beginning and the peak of the AIDS pandemic, before the meds came out in the early/mid 90's. Back in the 80's, getting infected with HIV was a death sentence to all infected. Add the fact that the US government virtually ignored the AIDS pandemic in the early/mid 80's added to the horror of that time. At least with COVID 19 getting the virus is not a death sentence for the majority (as acquiring HIV was in the 80's)....and with COVID 19 the US government and the world are jumping into action .....slowly in the beginning ......but not waiting years before they do anything, as they did with AIDS. I think it took then President Reagan 3 years before he even said the word AIDS. NOTHING will ever compare with the horror of AIDS in the 80's, as people will tell you who lived through it and lost friends, family, and lovers while the government virtually ignored it. Then add the stigma of having HIV/AIDS in the 80's, and there is no comparison. COVID 19 has no stigma.....is not a death sentence to most.....and is being addressed right away by the entire world. The true horror story was HIV/AIDS back in the 80's.

i feel like 70 better i can not do nothing.. gay sauna etc