What would you do with $2,000+ in flight Credits

VictorPowers
This topic is 1493 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Back in December, I used a ton of frequent flyer miles to purchase a one year membership in the Star Alliance airport lounges, because I expected to be doing a fair amount of leisure flying in 2020. I haven't used it, I'll bet I never get to use it at all, and I'm sure there won't be any refund.

If [i assume] United has closed its lounges, they may have made, or be considering what to do about paid lounge memberships. If they are still open, and you can't use them because you're not travelling, then you're probably out of luck, as you suggest. Qantas has closed its lounges network wide since 23 March, and they are 'considering options' for lounge members (they have already extended elite status, and therefore lounge memberships derived from that, by 12 months). It may be worth calling United and asking to pause your membership so you can resume it once the situation changes. You may find that they have already thought about people in your situation.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this long winded rambling post contributing anything other than confirming what I stated earlier?

No. Maninsoma was stating useful additional info that you did not.

If a pax cancels their flight of their own volition, an airline will issue a credit without additional penalties.

If the airline cancels the flight, you're entitled to an immediate full refund.

Victor's original post said 'I have cancelled.'

Go Home; Be Safe; Plan your trips for the Summer.

As you’d imagine, my travel type structure has ended with this crisis. I have canceled both personal and business travel and have $2k+ in Delta Travel Vouchers. This amount allows me essentially round trip travel worldwide. What should I do and where should I go???

What is the place that you have always wanted to goto, but never have? Could even be local or in the US, or where ever. When something like that happens to me, I try and count it as a redo for that money with no agenda. Don't pick a place for work unless that makes you happy. Pick a place that you want to enjoy. It is ok to be selfish sometimes.

Now, me personally I would try to convert into cash if I could. That's just because I am poor. LOL

Take care, and I hope you get a trip to remember!

Ed