Dogs?

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 5910 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Please adopt and don't buy. You can get them from Petfinder.com. You can choose the breed and can read up on each breed. I adopted two dogs: Nemo and Maximus. Both are males and both are Miniature Pinscher. I used to have bigger breed such as Belgian Malinois and German Shepperd.

I tell people that I do own two Gremlins. They are playful and handful. But I would not trade neither for anything. They are such lap dogs. You should have seen that one marks his territory and the other will mark on top of it. Like everything, they come in twos.

Good luck to you in choosing your dogs!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zipperzone

>

>http://www.newsweek.com/id/78241

>

I know one shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but after seeing the picture of Hucklefuck's son in the article - - - it's hard not to believe it.

Probably just the first of many stories that will surface about all candidates over the next 8 months.

Guest TorontoJared

I always had german shepherds growing up. They're wonderful and intelligent dogs. I've always thought that dogs are about the best type of pet to have. We'd go hiking, camping, swimming, cross-country skiing, and snow-shoeing. I remember once when I was about ten coming upon two bear cubs with my dog and having such a difficult time getting her to leave them and rush off before the mother came back. I hope that you enjoy whatever dog(s) you get!!

>

>http://www.newsweek.com/id/78241

>

hmm - let's see, religious fanaticism, a homophobic organization like the boy scouts, impropriety as Governor and hanging a stray dog; definately a family that could end up in the White House.

BTW - I rescued a stray recently; probably from a Boy Scout that would have rather hung her and did not get the chance to

Guest ncm2169

< By the way, don't believe the breeders who say that Beardies don't need grooming--that coat needs to be brushed regularly, because it matts, and it can smell when it gets wet

OMG, does that bring back memories, but for perhaps slightly different reasons.

During most of our years with the Beardie, we lived on a lake and my favorite grooming time was when there was a big wind brewing headed toward our house; I'd take the dog out on the dock and drop him over the side to swim back to shore and shake off (it was a game he loved). I'd meet him at shore and pick him up and put him on top of the picnic table, and brush him while the wind was blowing. He dried about 3 times faster, and smelled wonderful when we went into the house for the evening. :D

RE: old yeller

When I was 10, my favorite movie was old yeller. I saw it 4 times, no doubt shedding some tears at the end of each showing. When I saw it on the tv guide the other day, I watched it again with the family.

I wonder if I had a gay vibe even then as the boy who played Travis, actor Tommy Kirk, was later fired by Walt Disney for being gay. The movie featured a very handsome Chuck Connors, and a not so handsome Fess Parker, who I liked much better as Davy Crockett. But travis was kinda cute too.

At the end of the movie, Parker finds son Travis burying the dog. He tells him that every once in a while, life can knock you flat. When that happens, you don't have to forget, but the solution to your sadness is to go find something good, and more than likely, that will help you overcome your sadness. So even at 10 I was getting life lessons that come in handy today!

Kirk suffered, however, and became a drug addict. He later reformed himself and opened his own business cleaning carpets and upholstery.

Here's what Kirk later said about his career demise:

"Even more than MGM, Disney [in the early 1960s] was the most conservative studio in town....They were growing aware. They weren't stupid. They could add two and two, and I think they were beginning to suspect my homosexuality. I noticed people in certain quarters were getting less and less friendly....In 1963 Disney didn't renew my option and let me go. But Walt let me return to do the final Merlin Jones movie, 'The Monkey's Uncle,' because those were moneymakers for the studio."

"In the 1960s all my social life was underground gay. It was my own life. I kept it separate from work, where I went on publicity dates with Annette Funicello or Roberta Shore."

"In 1965, I'd signed a contract for 'The Sons of Katie Elder' with John Wayne, but a week before shooting I went to a Hollywood party that the vice squad busted because of marijuana. I was handcuffed and photos of me got in the papers with headlines like 'Ex-Disney Child Star Arrested for Pot!' So Wayne and the producers fired me."

[on why he quit acting] I got sick of it and I just stopped.

Guest skrubber

RE: old yeller

I've also had dogs my entire life. When I was just a child my family had a Collie that was hit and killed by the mailman. After that we had several Germab Sheapards. When I moved out of the house many many years ago I began to miss the fun and companionship a dog can provide. I aquired a Rottweiler/Chow mix who I love dearly. We did everything together when he was younger but now he settles for a daily walk. He's my friend and my companion as well as my Avatar. Pushing 15 now I often wonder how much longer I will be able to enjoy his company. I dread the day he will pass or I have to have him put down. It is very true that a dog is a man's best friend.

Archived