Gavin Newsom orders all Californians to stay home

loremipsum
This topic is 1530 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Good for Gavin Newsome! Here in Florida we have the usual parade of idiots on tv letting all to know they are invincible and stupid

I am really disappointed with the nonaction taken by Florida's governor and the nonaction of the respective mayors who govern the state's cities.:confused: :( :confused:

As usual, the headline is misleadingly sensational, since Newsom could not possibly order "all Californians" to stay at home, since there would be no medical care, police, firefighting, food production, functioning utilities, news media, etc., without numerous exceptions, which are a much longer list than the order itself. But it does get most people to read the article. Even I am still going to the supermarket and the pharmacy, and walking my dog.

Governor Pritzker in Illinois will issue a similar order Friday afternoon to begin Saturday morning. Since it is a legal order, you can read the Executive Order on line. Just check the particular Governor's government website. I think you'll find that is does apply to ALL residents of the State, but then provides exemptions for certain workers and for certain activities.