James Lipton passes at 93

purplekow
This topic is 1523 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

He was at least in his late 80's in that video and he doesn't look a day older than whe In The Actor's Studio was in its heyday.

My favorite was the one with Robin Williams. Before the episode aired James did a little intro and said one of the students in the audience had to go to the hospital with a hernia she laughed so hard.

RIP Mr. Lipton

Edited by LGatton

He was at least in his late 80's in that video and he doesn't look a day older than whe In The Actor's Studio was in its heyday.

My favorite was the one with Robin Williams. Before the episode aired James did a little intro and said one of the students in the audience had to go to the hospital with a hernia she laughed so hard.

RIP Mr. Lipton

I vividly remember that episode. Williams riffed endlessly - with a scarf as I recall. I too feared a hernia from laughing so hard and so long. It was Christmas weekend and the news on next had the first coverage of the horrific Bali tsunami.

RIP Mr Lipton and Mr Williams.