Inquiry about masseur

Mplsgymguy
This topic is 1543 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I recently was contacted via this forum about a masseur who has been discussed in past threads. The guy who contacted me wrote his query in the title of the thread, with a link to the masseur’s ad in the body. No “hello,” “I’ve seen your comments before,” “hope you don’t mind a PM,” nothing. I have no idea who this guy is.

Anyone else been contacted this way? I don’t feel comfortable responding with details about the masseur and my experiences with him.

You don't say if this is a frequent poster or not. I'm generally reluctant to share much with someone whose name I don't recognize.

But to your point, about *how* he communicated; I might very well ignore it. I'm more inclined to respond if they make an attempt to sound human. An old friend had a habit of sending emails like that, I always found it a bit annoying.

You don't say if this is a frequent poster or not. I'm generally reluctant to share much with someone whose name I don't recognize.

But to your point, about *how* he communicated; I might very well ignore it. I'm more inclined to respond if they make an attempt to sound human. An old friend had a habit of sending emails like that, I always found it a bit annoying.

Agree - I always take into account what I know about the poster; if not a known contributor I am reluctant to share details. :rolleyes:

I share information that I would feel comfortable writing in a review -- that's it. And when someone inquires about a guy I saw many years ago I am forced to say that I don't remember details in sufficient clarity to be helpful, which is true unless one is asking about someone I hired at least several times and there aren't many men in that boat.

I share information that I would feel comfortable writing in a review -- that's it. And when someone inquires about a guy I saw many years ago I am forced to say that I don't remember details in sufficient clarity to be helpful, which is true unless one is asking about someone I hired at least several times and there aren't many men in that boat.

This is my approach too. I don't share details beyond what I'd share in a review for strangers. I like this Forum and feel an obligation to respond when it might help others. I have learned to be sensitive about sharing too much unless it is someone who is a frequent poster here.

Thanks for all the feedback. As mentioned by several people above, I’m reluctant to respond with details of my experience to someone with little posting history and/or who doesn’t at least “introduce” themself. I wonder if this particular person will see this thread and recognize himself.

Gosh I am guilty of sending PMs, but I always offer a greeting and ask politely , if no response is given then I take it as someone is not comfortable doing so and thats totally cool with me. Some responses have helped me make some educated choices and found some great masseurs, but as mentioned above there should be some writing etiquette involved for sure!