Robert Conrad Dead at 84

purplekow
This topic is 1545 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From his shirtless scenes while restrained in the TV show Wild Wild West to his sweaty, muscular hairy chest in Baa Baa Black Sheep to his macho statement about Knocking it Off His Shoulder in an EverReady commercial, Robert Conrad was a sexy sexy man. I did not realize that I had a crush on him until decades later, but I was always a bit aroused when his shows were on TV and always disappointed if the shirt did not come off. Oh, he wore really tight, ass hugging pants most of the time.

My guess, he was still a testosterone oozing hunk of man in his 80's. At least, I choose to think that,

RIP.

I spent many afternoons as a kid riveted to the TV watching "Wild Wild West" reruns. In pretty much every episode, they came up with some flimsy pretense for Robert Conrad to run around with his shirt off & in skin-tight pants, or sometimes for no reason at all. Thanks for the memories, Robert Conrad. R.I.P.

6a00d8341c2ca253ef0240a48e9429200b-800wi

Thanks, PK, for posting this. I think for many if not most of us here of "a certain age" he was one of our first crushes. The epitome of a handsome, masculine man. . .

Some observations while looking through the photos posted in PK's link above:

1) I never realized how good his legs were. I was always distracted by the handsome face and the sexy chest. But those legs have their own charms.

2) It's funny how our ideas of physique have evolved. We all thought he was really built (and he was) but if he were trying to do the same roles today that he did back then, he would have to bulk up some.

3) It's a little sad to see that time waits for no one. The pictures of Conrad in his 80's show how time steals so much from us as we age. Still though, if you put him up in a group shot of 80-year-olds, you'd probably figure he had aged the best.

RIP indeed.