Seychelles 411

Reisr30
This topic is 1578 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I visited the Seychelles in 2018. I spent a week in the capital Victoria and a week on a gay sail cruise. The week in Victoria was plenty. I saw most of the main island by public transport and while it’s pretty, there’s not much to do but look at the scenery. There was very little nightlife and no sign of any gay community.

However the gay sail was terrific. There were two catamarans, each with about 10 men on board and we’d sail in tandem and meet up on shore for dinner in the evenings. The islands were picture postcard perfect and I had a great time.

It's remote and there's little to no nightlife.

+1

And if you want a gay male companion, take one with you.

I only went (years ago) because a male model I was dating had a work-trip and asked me to accompany him. I would not go back. You’ll be fine in the resort, but I would not describe the country as gay-friendly; discretion is a must.

+1

And if you want a gay male companion, take one with you.

I only went (years ago) because a male model I was dating had a work-trip and asked me to accompany him. I would not go back. You’ll be fine in the resort, but I would not describe the country as gay-friendly; discretion is a must.

Thank you all. I am looking for a remote place that isn't too touristy where i can just decompress and chill. Sounds like this is the right place. I wasn't even thinking about company. But sounds like bringing someone along would be a just if i did want company and good to know discretion is a must.

Thank you all. I am looking for a remote place that isn't too touristy where i can just decompress and chill. Sounds like this is the right place. I wasn't even thinking about company. But sounds like bringing someone along would be a just if i did want company and good to know discretion is a must.

The Seychelles have great water, but don't count out the Maldives, Mauritius, Ko Samui, Zanzibar and Bora Bora if you're wanting the same.

If you want something closer to the States that gives you quiet, exclusivity and beautiful views, I'd also recommend:

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amangiri

It's not the sea-view you'd get with the other spots, but it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life.

The Seychelles have great water, but don't count out the Maldives, Mauritius, Ko Samui, Zanzibar and Bora Bora if you're wanting the same.

If you want something closer to the States that gives you quiet, exclusivity and beautiful views, I'd also recommend:

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amangiri

It's not the sea-view you'd get with the other spots, but it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life.

Thank you @Benjamin_Nicholas Amangiri looks amazing; I had never heard of it. Maybe will stay more local

I went to Praslin Seychelles in...1985. It was VERY beautiful.

But the most AMAZING experience of a place on the water was a resort on one of the MANY Maldive Islands, I don't even recall the name as it was in 1984 haha.

Of course both places must have changed, but I hear that even after the horrible tsunami of 2004 there are still gorgeous islands with their own resort.

Edited by Italiano