Holiday tipping

myophile
This topic is 1608 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I usually do. I bought two regulars pairs of English-made Doc Martens, which they love. I also got them little swag bags with artisanal candles and expensive wool socks to wear with their Docs. In the past, I’ve bought another nice shoes, selvage jeans and braided leather bracelets, Maui Jim sunglasses, etc. I love spoiling them! What is sweet is how thankful they are.

Yup, during our last meet before Christmas, I tip generously. Cash only - I don't do venmo etc. I do include a note in the envelope wishing them a good holiday.

I do something similar. Many of my regulars are not close to their families (or don't have family) so they seem to appreciate the fact that I think of them during the festive season. I am glad to do it - sometimes it is better to give than to receive.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gWfKQvHzNgw/VnCYtkOIabI/AAAAAAAAK7w/J1YaolMmzk4/s1600/better-to-give-than-receive-710x300-crop.jpg

When I had regulars back in 2015-2017 in Northern Jersey...... I either treated them to a nice upscale dinner at a steakhouse or Italian restaurant or I bought them gift cards to The Short Hills Mall...which had a nice selection of stores like Gucci Armani and Hugo Boss

Now I don't hire frequently enough here in extreme South Jersey to warrant any such tips ???

It’s holiday time, and I’ve got cards and cash ready for the cleaning lady, the apartment super, my trainer, and the lady who shaves my head—and this year, for the first time, my regular fuck-buddy-for-hire. Anybody else give an annual tip to a regular? Suggestions about amounts?

What razor does the head shaving lady use? I trust her professional opinion.

What razor does the head shaving lady use? I trust her professional opinion.

LOL. She uses a “foil razor” like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Andis-17150-Profoil-Lithium/dp/B00TOUU700/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1AGZM2V5AKWV4&keywords=andis+shaver&qid=1576898373&sprefix=andis%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-3.

But for the past year I’ve been using one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Shaver-851441006898-Pitbull-Silver/dp/B07KPM3PZJ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1ZDK1YFP7Y76Y&keywords=skull+shaver+pitbull&qid=1576898575&sprefix=skull+shaver%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-3

You’re the best judge of how good a job it does on my head ...!

I gave a guy on my meals-on-wheels route (after I asked how he was doing - he apparently would not have said so if I didn't ask) a few bucks for prescriptions he needed and a tank of gas.......we're not supposed to do that, according to the rules, but Xmas and all that