Sperm counts of western men plummeting

Walker1
This topic is 1630 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Over the last four decades, the sperm count of western men has plunged by almost half. Meanwhile , our cohorts in Asia, Africa and even S America do not see significant changes. I wonder why-I wonder if it is our culture that seems to dislike masculinity? With other species, we can easily breed/shape them to our preferences? Just guessing, not trying to be controversial-because it does not seem to be a worldwide phenomenon ? It seems if we continue down this path, fertility will be a major issue.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/health/sperm-counts-declining-study/index.html

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last four decades, the sperm count of western men has plunged by almost half. Meanwhile , our cohorts in Asia, Africa and even S America do not see significant changes. I wonder why-I wonder if it is our culture that seems to dislike masculinity? With other species, we can easily breed/shape them to our preferences? Just guessing, not trying to be controversial-because it does not seem to be a worldwide phenomenon ? It seems if we continue down this path, fertility will be a major issue.

Probably obesity related

The Chinese are poisoning our balls so we create less humans to compete with them....

In the mean time...the Chinese are using “sperm extractors” to increase their population....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7280395/Hands-free-vibrating-sperm-extractors-used-Chinese-hospitals.html

Jesus....don’t you guys know anything?!?!

grin

What a shockingly dumb piece of “logic”

What a shockingly dumb piece of “logic”

Typical-you have a different opinion than me-so you must be dumb or Hitler . No wonder in today's world it is so difficult to have a conversation and free flow of ideas without some elements being outraged into a frenzy, when one dares to think beyond "acceptable" boundaries.

It is just my opinion. The role of masculinity has been changing in the western world a lot during the same period. Since it seems to only impact only western men and scientists have not come up with a good hypothesis yet, much less a peer reviewed publication-despite 40 years of measured declines-my opinion is as good as any.

Edited by Walker1

I didn’t comment on you being dumb nor did I compare you to Hitler. I attacked your silly idea solely

Provide me with any type of a theoretical mechanism for the changing of ideas around masculinity and how they could lower sperm count, and I’ll do the research

Don’t act so sensitive, get better ideas - if you wanna discuss something scientific, come with something scientific

Obesity, drinking alcohol, recreational drugs, high expectations about lifestyle and success we must have, racial anxiety, stress, pressure to have the latest iPhone, pressure to reply to your friends texts within seconds while multitasking, and too much sex on the 1st or 2nd date.

I didn’t comment on you being dumb nor did I compare you to Hitler. I attacked your silly idea solely

Provide me with any type of a theoretical mechanism for the changing of ideas around masculinity and how they could lower sperm count, and I’ll do the research

Don’t act so sensitive, get better ideas - if you wanna discuss something scientific, come with something scientific

Like I said it is an opinion. Nah I am not sensitive, I just don't care for know it all who get triggered by differing opinions and tired of a few hijacking the majority discourse.

The only science here is sperm count is declining. The rest is conjecture. I have an opinion, others think it is obesity, some others think stress - maybe it is solar circles or the earth's wobbly axis -in the absence of science and research -it is all conjecture and coffee room talk. Most normal people who have conversations can hold forth and be decent with differing opinions and just talk and go about their day.

Attacking an idea is not what you did. To do that, you bring your own opinion, you disagree, not what you did. I am just tired of the fringe just getting all lunatic and hijacking away evrything-when 70-80% of us fall somehwere in the middle and can get along just fine without this screaming. Now that will risk getting this kicked off into the politics section. So will stop there.

Talking about hypothesis and science-LOL- as someone who does work in that field- calling someone's thesis a shockingly dumb piece of logic is not how you disprove a thesis. That is assuming you believe what I states was science and not opinion. Either way ain't buying it.

Edited by Walker1

I attacked your silly idea solely

Woke men equal sleepy sperm? Unlikely. Did you know the stork population in Sweden declined at the exact same rate as did the birth rate there. An example used in Statistics classes to distinguish between correlation and causation.

Anyway, I'm sticking to the obesity, shitty diets and lack of exercise theory, at least those are physiological like my sperm count. How's your sperm count? (If a thread is going to be 'hijacked' it might as well be about @OliverSaks sperm count.)

Edited by RealAvalon

You've posted about not allowing women to hold certain jobs and you're the victim in this scenario? :rolleyes:

I have? Can you refresh my memory and post a link?

Victim of what? I had an opinion and he has his and I have my opinion on his opinion. Now my opinion is if you can stop calling names , we can have far more interesting conversations with people of differing opinions. That is not victim hood-but a pretty strong opinion. It goes both ways. If you start calling names, then most normal people will respond in kind and it ain't gonna go anywhere.

Aside from the fact it's your own writing, it's also in your posting history.

I have posted a lot over the years. I don't ever recall making that statement. However you are saying I did. If you claim I did-you should provide the evidence. I have never felt that way about women-so I am surrpised. I think as long as someone is able and capable to do a job they should be able to -that has been my opinion for a long time.

On top of that you equate that to this and claim I am playing victim and saying how can I when I said that. Then I ask for evidence -you say it is my own writing and my posting history.

This thread is going in weird directions. :eek:If I say you said that gays shouldn't hold certain jobs and because of that you are wrong in saying this statement-I have to prove you said that-not you.

I have posted a lot over the years. I don't ever recall making that statement. However you are saying I did. If you claim I did-you should provide the evidence. I have never felt that way about women-so I am surrpised. I think as long as someone is able and capable to do a job they should be able to -that has been my opinion for a long time.

On top of that you equate that to this and claim I am playing victim and saying how can I when I said that. Then I ask for evidence -you say it is my own writing and my posting history.

This thread is going in weird directions. :eek:If I say you said that gays shouldn't hold certain jobs and because of that you are wrong in saying this statement-I have to prove you said that-not you.

I most just wanted to show your claims of wanting honest conversation ring hollow.

As I mentioned, it's your own writing, it's also in your posting history.

You make a claim and expect me to go back and read through thousands of my posts over the years and find out something I have no memory of? If you remember it so throughly, you should easily provide the link or at the very least the thread? Since you are the one making the claim and remember it so well??

You make a claim and expect me to go back and read through thousands of my posts over the years and find out something I have no memory of? If you remember it so throughly, you should easily provide the link or at the very least the thread? Since you are the one making the claim and remember it so well??

That is your opinion.

That is your opinion.

Thank you. Then my opinion is also that I made no such statement and you are pulling my leg. There, to the other person I responded to-that is what I am saying-you can have conversations that go in circles, you can agree to disagree and just plain disagree without resorting to insults and shouting. Life ain't perfect and nobody knows everything.