Montreal accommodations Help

Delvalboy
This topic is 1516 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My preferred spot is the Fairfield these days. The rooms were nicely updated, free breakfast and definitely walkable to the gay village/stripclubs (long walk to Taboo though).

My last few visits to the Gouverneur, I stayed in the business class rooms. The hardwood floors were nice but my guests and I would track in huge amounts of sand/salt/gravel from the winter sidewalks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @Delvalboy, I hope i inspired you to go to Taboo. If yes, go as you soon as you can, while it last. I was in Montreal last week for my birthday to share it with my regular boy- he sometimes dance in Campus, now i visit him at least twice a year.. But once my romantic birthday was over,i ended up at Taboo. I stayed at this very cheap hotel in Saint Andre street/Rue. The Hotel Saint-André. Its very cheap, and it shows, but if you just want to be close, walking distance, to the bars. SA,can be used as a reference location. it is a one block from Campus, two blocks from Stock and one block off Saint Catherine Street's restaurants, coffee shops and two giants Duane Reade type of pharmacy. If you choose Hotel SA, ask for 1st or second floor only. The breakfast is really bad but i usually had mine in St Catherine. If is too cheap for you. You can find better hotels in that area. But is hard to find a good hotel close to Taboo; besides i wont be doing anything else but hanging out at Taboo, so the distance keep me from it.

For Taboo, i always take an Uber, you can walk but is a good 15 min walking but in Uber $8 CD I wont recommend staying in a hotel close to Taboo, as much as i like it, that area is kind of deserted and the Dorian Hotel looks awful. And i am the type that doesn't mind hookup hotels, but Dorian doesn't look good at all. Also,[MEDIA=imgur]3m5byp1[/MEDIA] the cheaper the hotel the badder the WiFi ,something to keep in mind, the one in HSA is ok. It works for me.

PS: next to Hotel Saint-Andre is a hostel. And sometimes I got me one of those boys ?

If you want more details in the pleasures and joys of Taboo Bar DM me. Have fun.

I like the Hotel Saint-Andre. It's as trashy as I feel when slumming around the Gay Village. Plus I usually drove from NYC and it was easy to find safe parking nearby. Besides I'm a BIG fan of the Archambault Music Store. I've bought both sheet music and CD's otherwise unavailable except on line from Amazon.

Hi @Delvalboy, I hope i inspired you to go to Taboo. If yes, go as you soon as you can, while it last. I was in Montreal last week for my birthday to share it with my regular boy- he sometimes dance in Campus, now i visit him at least twice a year.. But once my romantic birthday was over,i ended up at Taboo. I stayed at this very cheap hotel in Saint Andre street/Rue. The Hotel Saint-André. Its very cheap, and it shows, but if you just want to be close, walking distance, to the bars. SA,can be used as a reference location. it is a one block from Campus, two blocks from Stock and one block off Saint Catherine Street's restaurants, coffee shops and two giants Duane Reade type of pharmacy. If you choose Hotel SA, ask for 1st or second floor only. The breakfast is really bad but i usually had mine in St Catherine. If is too cheap for you. You can find better hotels in that area. But is hard to find a good hotel close to Taboo; besides i wont be doing anything else but hanging out at Taboo, so the distance keep me from it.

For Taboo, i always take an Uber, you can walk but is a good 15 min walking but in Uber $8 CD I wont recommend staying in a hotel close to Taboo, as much as i like it, that area is kind of deserted and the Dorian Hotel looks awful. And i am the type that doesn't mind hookup hotels, but Dorian doesn't look good at all. Also,[MEDIA=imgur]3m5byp1[/MEDIA] the cheaper the hotel the badder the WiFi ,something to keep in mind, the one in HSA is ok. It works for me.

PS: next to Hotel Saint-Andre is a hostel. And sometimes I got me one of those boys ?

If you want more details in the pleasures and joys of Taboo Bar DM me. Have fun.

I like the Hotel Saint-Andre. It's as trashy as I feel when slumming around the Gay Village. Plus I usually drove from NYC and it was easy to find safe parking nearby. Besides I'm a BIG fan of the Archambault Music Store. I've bought both sheet music and CD's otherwise unavailable except on line from Amazon.

I can also recommend the Fairfield Inn by Marriott (which Karl G mentioned above) on Berri near Rene Levesque. It used to be the rather run down Lord Berri but has now been transformed into a very nice place within easy walking distance of Campus and

Stock. Room rates are quite reasonable.

I stayed here a few weeks ago and incidentally had a very nice time at Campus. Contrary to reports elsewhere on this site, it was quite busy on a Thursday night with plenty of dancers of all types. Alas, it'll never be like it was in the 90's however.

I can also recommend the Fairfield Inn by Marriott (which Karl G mentioned above) on Berri near Rene Levesque. It used to be the rather run down Lord Berri but has now been transformed into a very nice place within easy walking distance of Campus and

I stayed here a few weeks ago and incidentally had a very nice time at Campus. Contrary to reports elsewhere on this site, it was quite busy on a Thursday night with plenty of dancers of all types. Alas, it'll never be like it was in the 90's however.

thanks for the tip @Old Blue and @Karl-G. I’ll definitely check out the Fairfield!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi all.. after a few years of considering it, I have decided to go to Montreal. After reading the posts about the types of guys, I think I have landed on taboo as my primary spot, and maybe a trip to campus.

Can you recommend a hotel that is close by? Looking for something around March, comfortable, maybe 3 star, around $150 USD a night range. I'm not super adventurous when it comes to food so some walk-able options would be great in more of a fast casual type atmosphere. I don't want to sit in a fancy restaurant at a table by myself.

I'd also be open to where to absolutely avoid =)

cheers

I was told to be careful if I go to Taboo, but nothing more specific. I was walking from one end of the Village and stopped to

speak with a 30some man who kept following me. He said he needed money wanted to go to Taboo for a room. I said goodbye and he was a bit pissed.

We seem to have some hotel snobs here on the forum. Though I'm certainly no MTL expert, I stayed at the Governeur (sp) in 2016 and found it entirely adequate for my unpretentious needs. No better location for St. Catherine St. Slip out the hotel's "back door" for direct access to the aforementioned IGA and mall/food court. The 747 bus and Metro are right across the small park to the west.

The homeless sleeping on the heat grates (January, 2016) right outside the hotel's front door and the cocaine peddler on St. C. did not bother me in the least. I walked everywhere in town and felt no apprehension at all. I feared MTL would be the Paris of North America, but found the city friendly, low-key, unpretentious, and full of stuff to see and do.

Visited the city about 7 times over the previous years. Stayed with a friend but always visited LeVillage every day/evening/

night - Never felt unsafe. Helps to know some words in French. Subscribe to Mtlblog.com - wonderful site describing life in the

city. I do not know your interests but there are three baths in Le Village. Enjoy your visit.

• 3 weeks later...

Never been to LeVillage in Montreal, but considering a 2 or 3 night trip. Are there better nights than others are the clubs? In a previous thread someone mentioned that Saturday was a busy night, but Wednesday night was dead.

Obviously, weekend nights are the busiest. Why not try a Thr/Fri/Sat stay or a Fri/Sat/Sun stay? If you like bigger more Masculine guys, hang out at Stockbar and to a lesser degree Campus. If you like fem twinks, I guess Taboo although I haven’t been there in years.

Edited by EZEtoGRU

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at a late April trip. I know it’ll be brisk weather, but perfect for my leather jeans. The Fairfield looks interesting and affor$able. Like @azdr0710 I’m not a hotel snob and would prefer to spend my money on more erotic things, not to mention excellent food and drink! Thanks to @EZEtoGRU for the comments re Taboo. Sounds like just what I’m looking for!

Hi all.. after a few years of considering it, I have decided to go to Montreal. After reading the posts about the types of guys, I think I have landed on taboo as my primary spot, and maybe a trip to campus.

Can you recommend a hotel that is close by? Looking for something around March, comfortable, maybe 3 star, around $150 USD a night range. I'm not super adventurous when it comes to food so some walk-able options would be great in more of a fast casual type atmosphere. I don't want to sit in a fancy restaurant at a table by myself.

I'd also be open to where to absolutely avoid =)

cheers

I have stayed twice at the Hôtel St. Denis and plan to again. Simple, but attractive, comfortable rooms. Nice place. Good value.

I booked a trip to Montreal in January and will be there the week of 4/20. Starting to think the coronavirus might impact the trip. If the WHO declares a global emergency I could see their Department of Health shutting down strip clubs. Amazing how fast things can change in a couple of months.

I booked a trip to Montreal in January and will be there the week of 4/20. Starting to think the coronavirus might impact the trip. If the WHO declares a global emergency I could see their Department of Health shutting down strip clubs. Amazing how fast things can change in a couple of months.

Yup... COVID -19 appears to bringing the world to its knees.... and not in a good way.

Worried too, I booked and paid an AIR CANADA to Montreal for 3/31.

I hope they dont cancel it or shutdown spaces in Montreal. I will see, if it will better to cancel. since I like to have my hands all over those bodys :(

Edited by Alfstoria

Worried too, I booked and paid an AIR CANADA to Montreal for 3/31.

I hope they dont cancel it or shutdown spaces in Montreal. I will see, if it will better to cancel. since I like to have my hands all over those bodys :(

The screening procedures are pretty extensive and there is a lot of testing going on to prevent the spread of the virus. As I said in another thread, anyone showing up at any hospital with flu symptoms is automatically tested for COVID 19.

Public health response is pretty effective and seamless in Canada (a lot was learnt and applied following the SARS outbreak about 20 years ago … numerous deaths in Toronto). I doubt that there will be closures.

Current situation 54 cases as of today, all connected to international travel, no community transmissions yet. One person in critical condition.

Maybe the dancers will incorporate 20 seconds of hand washing with soap, into their shower shows.

Edited by RealAvalon