Any trade scene left in the bay area?

studchaser
This topic is 1625 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The bay was once iconic for that scene . Who remembers the old reliable vids from John Hirles? Have all the working class guys like that chased out? Id think the gay tech geeks would be in paradise if not. Any bay areans or norcalers on here? Or visitors who know the scene who can offer your expertise?

All I can say is this: The area around Polk between, say, Sutter and California is not what it once was. Gone are most of the gay bars, including the ones frequented by the type of guy you mention. And -- this is a good thing, at least in my opinion -- I don't see street "trade" that once was common in the area (typically very young, desperate looking men).

All I can say is this: The area around Polk between, say, Sutter and California is not what it once was. Gone are most of the gay bars, including the ones frequented by the type of guy you mention. And -- this is a good thing, at least in my opinion -- I don't see street "trade" that once was common in the area (typically very young, desperate looking men).

Hmm it seems you see trade negatively. I dont mean junkies and addicts just working class. Prob underemployed with 1 or 2 kids too many and short on child support. Rough around the edges unpretentious but not filthy.Not elite and prestigious but not a bum. Are we discussing same type?

Hmm it seems you see trade negatively. I dont mean junkies and addicts just working class. Prob underemployed with 1 or 2 kids too many and short on child support. Rough around the edges unpretentious but not filthy.Not elite and prestigious but not a bum. Are we discussing same type?

Do they need to have a baby mama for you to be turn on?

Junkies and addicts sooner or later no longer work, therefore they leave the so called "working class". I would suggest blue collar as more accurate term.

Maybe there are still venues that working guys frequent (not sure about that, but there are obviously still lots of gay bars in San Francisco), but for all intents and purposes the internet changed not just the commercial scene but also cruising in general. Even lots of guys who still go out to bars are cruising on an app while they are out.

"Trade" 2019 is most likely in some shared rental flophouse selling their services by broadcasting via Chaturbate... or trolling Grindr for GEN.

What's a street?

Even better, start an OnlyFans account and post on Reddit for customer acquisition. That should be enough to pay for a gym membership to keep the virtuous cycle going.