Good Fragrances & Deodorants?

Chad Constantine
This topic is 1479 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey Members,

So today as I entered my gym's locker room I finally smelled something amazing for once rather than disgusting moldy sweat smell.

It reminded me of an old Spanish Barbershop smell. I do not mind being considered weird but even I did not think it would be

appropriate to go up to all the guys and start smelling them to find the source of this wonderful scent. So I have 2 questions for our wonderful members.

1) Does anyone know what aftershave, cologne, or deodorant gives off that Spanish Barbershop smell?

2) If not and if you use, what is your favorite fragrance and deodorant and are they all natural?

I am hoping if no one knows that smell I can at least try smelling your recommendations to see if I find it by chance.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading this, I am really curious what this might turn out to be.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/247309-The-Spanish-Colognes

I can not believe this I am reading the forum you posted and one poster states that the most sought out fragrance in the world is by Ramon Molvizar and they only have a shop in the USA in Texas unbelievable.

Le Labo makes some incredible, masculine scents.

https://www.lelabofragrances.com/landing.html?path=/

As for deodorants, I've used this for years. Malin & Goetz are great product:

https://www.malinandgoetz.com/eucalyptus-deodorant-2-6oz-e73g

I guess I will have to make a trip to Nolita but it will be a trip definitely worth its weight in liquid gold lol. I really like that Malin & Goetz has organic products. Especially now that all these new lines of baking soda deodorants and all natural soaps have been coming out.

First I have to make a trip to Spain and sample a Spanish barbershop.....:eek:

I used to use tons of colognes but stopped years ago because although I loved many scents, especially BARON, they just didn't last on me, so now only occasionally. But as for deodorant, I recently started using Native "natural" deodorants which come in a spectrum of scents, but I love the Sangria, Mimosa and Rose' scents.....

Edited by jjkrkwood

First I have to make a trip to Spain and sample a Spanish barbershop.....:eek:

I used to use tons of colognes but stopped years ago because although I loved many scents, especially BARON, they just didn't last on me, so now only occasionally. But as for deodorant, I recently started using Native "natural" deodorants which come in a spectrum of scents, but I love the Sangria, Mimosa and Rose ' scents.....

Is it white sangria or red sangria because it makes a big difference :):):)? Is it more of a powdered deodorant or an liquid deodorant? Usually Eau de Parfum last longer. I remember spraying a tab with Paco Rabanne 1 million cologne one spritz on my hand was with me all day. Boy did it make me nauseous.

Is it white sangria or red sangria because it makes a big difference :):):)? Is it more of a powdered deodorant or an liquid deodorant? Usually Eau de Parfum last longer. I remember spraying a tab with Paco Rabanne 1 million cologne one spritz on my hand was with me all day. Boy did it make me nauseous.

Its RED sangria, but if you are a Sangria "drinker" try EPPA Sangria.....simply Delicious. Native is a stick deodorant, aluminum and paraben Free, simple ingredients with natural oils.....

Jeremy Fragrance, the youtube personality, convinced me that I need a fragrance for every season. I quite enjoy it - makes me feel way more sophisticated than I really am! ?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jeremyfragrance

Yes, just like you need Pumpkin spice anything in the fall, you need to change your fragrance with the season, the summer requiring a much lighter scent. JF is a charming fellow with a beautiful smile, but I was hoping he would have a bit more "style"....in his particular "chosen" line of work.

Edited by jjkrkwood

Yes, just like you need Pumpkin spice anything in the fall, you need to change your fragrance with the season, the summer requiring a much lighter scent. JF is a charming fellow with a beautiful smile, but I was hoping he would have a bot more "style"....in his particular "chosen" line of work.

Wow never knew that was using my cologne, Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot Cologne, like us Latino use Sofrito all year-round.

Le Labo makes some incredible, masculine scents.

https://www.lelabofragrances.com/landing.html?path=/

As for deodorants, I've used this for years. Malin & Goetz are great product:

https://www.malinandgoetz.com/eucalyptus-deodorant-2-6oz-e73g

Haha I have currently 12 of Le Labo including most their city exclusives which I love, and the malin and Goezt is my go-to deodorant.

I'm loyal to the brands that push the natural ingredients like Schmidt's and Alaffia. Fresh scents like mandarin, bergamot & lime, magnesium & charcoal (more of a generic natural scent) are my go-to's.

Wait in the fridge? I never heard of such a thing. Why would you need to put them in a fridge?

for freshness.... If you stockpile fragrance, like I do, and don't use them all at the same time, they will keep longer in the fridge. Currently, the 2nd shelf in my fridge has 17 bottles of cologne in it. :rolleyes: (don't ask me WHY I have so many, gifts ?, they were on sale ?)

I'm loyal to the brands that push the natural ingredients like Schmidt's and Alaffia. Fresh scents like mandarin, bergamot & lime, magnesium & charcoal (more of a generic natural scent) are my go-to's.

YES, i have used Schmidts as well....its cheaper than Native and has some good smells.... (I like the coconut/pineapple).

Edited by jjkrkwood

I once smelled "Eternity" by Calvin Klein in one of those scratch-and-sniff magazine ads......I really like it, but can't bring myself to pay that much....plus the silly write-up:

ETERNITY FOR MEN symbolizes the spirit of today's man: sensitive yet masculine, refined yet strong. "He's a romantic dedicated to basic values - family, work, health, and happiness. A man at ease with himself, in his relationships and with his world," says Klein.

I'll just stick with my Gillette five-pack from Costco (advanced 5-in-1 protection!) for $17.49 with the Cool Wave scent

imageService?profileId=12026540&imageId=1263944-847__1&recipeName=350