Is anyone on here personally impacted by Dorian Hurricane?

RealAvalon
This topic is 1725 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Northeast Florida....Ponte Vedra Beach....no problems at at...never lost power....very windy....deep waves....no erosion at the beach...we stayed in town on the St Johns River in Jacksonville...higher than normal tides covered the boat docks...never lost power...2 years ago Irma wrecked us...downed trees...flooding..no power for 10 days due to heavy tree canopy crashed...

Very fortunate this time...

I knew Sidney Poitier's cousin in the Army so was aware the family has deep roots in the Bahamas. Jeffrey Poitier has said at least 23 relatives are unaccounted for as of Thursday, including his sister and her grown children.

Jeffrey and his sister are nephew and niece of Sidney Poitier, who is 92 years old.

Not personally impacted physically, but very much emotionally impacted by the scope of the human and structural devastation. Dorian seemed to have a particular vengeance for the Bahamas, released by stalling there for days at its maximum wind-speed. So many deceased and so many missing. I presume many of the missing will never be found from being swept out to sea. It has really grounded me in grateful appreciation of my own life's circumstances.