Amazon Prime Day 2019

tassojunior
This topic is 1793 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Whole Foods gave me a $10 credit to spend on Prime day, which knocked $10 off my grocery bill this week. I was able to find a favorite food item on sale at Amazon. Not all spending on Amazon qualifies as consumerism. But I fully support Amazon strikers, as well.

I’ve been shopping on Amazon Fresh. I find it surprisingly affordable. I can think of several items that I buy all the time that cost less than in Safeway. It’s pretty easy to buy enough to avoid the service charge. I’m happy to tip the driver in order to find my groceries on the front porch by 7AM.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been shopping on Amazon Fresh.

In its early days, I was a member of FreshDirect. They delivered to your door. Then they got sloppy, and the savings grew less evident. I quit. This type of service is OK for pantry items, but when it comes to vegetables, meat, fish, and poultry, I'm the type of shopper who needs to touch, see, and smell. Can't trust someone to do that for me. I have to admit, the fishmonger at Whole Foods is impressive. When they have a sale, their price and quality can't be beat. I recently got the most amazing cod for $7 a pound. Their butcher also has grass-fed beef, which I also get when it goes on sale. Prime members get the extra 10% off. The incentive is difficult to ignore. I enjoy quality food.