How to Post a pic ?

jjkrkwood
This topic is 1697 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Before my absence here, I was a voracious pic poster in the Gallery, and it was an easy procedure. Apparently with the site upgrade some things have changed, at least technically, and I am no longer to post a pic or GIF using cut/paste method.... Nothing happens. And while I try the post a pic icon and link the html, nothing happens again.... I don't want to post the link, I want to post the actual pic/GIF....

I have no intention of going back to posting the extensive pic galleries I used to do, but sometimes I like to post a pic to enhancew or elevate or add humor to a post.

I would be grateful for any direction. Thank you

Before my absence here, I was a voracious pic poster in the Gallery, and it was an easy procedure. Apparently with the site upgrade some things have changed, at least technically, and I am no longer to post a pic or GIF using cut/paste method.... Nothing happens. And while I try the post a pic icon and link the html, nothing happens again.... I don't want to post the link, I want to post the actual pic/GIF....

I have no intention of going back to posting the extensive pic galleries I used to do, but sometimes I like to post a pic to enhancew or elevate or add humor to a post.

I would be grateful for any direction. Thank you

What works for me is to right click on the image I want, then select "copy image location" from the dropdown menu. Then I go to the post a pic icon and paste the copied image location and left click "insert."

What works for me is to right click on the image I want, then select "copy image location" from the dropdown menu. Then I go to the post a pic icon and paste the copied image location and left click "insert."

I think I tried that, but will try it again. Thank you sync....

• 1 month later...

This doesn’t seem to work for an iPad. Can anyone offer advice?

This doesn’t seem to work for an iPad. Can anyone offer advice?

iDevices are a little hinky, but the zen is the same. You need to get the URL for the *image* (i.e. not the web page containing the image).

In the case of that hamburger image above, I can tap it on my iPad and it expands to full screen but another tap is required to get the image, and only the image, displayed in the browser. Once you have that, grab the URL for it and that's what you post. (Easy way: click the "forward" icon as if you're attaching it to an email, but scroll the icons to the left until you see the Copy button. That will put the URL on the clipboard ready to paste.)

iDevices are a little hinky, but the zen is the same. You need to get the URL for the *image* (i.e. not the web page containing the image).

In the case of that hamburger image above, I can tap it on my iPad and it expands to full screen but another tap is required to get the image, and only the image, displayed in the browser. Once you have that, grab the URL for it and that's what you post. (Easy way: click the "forward" icon as if you're attaching it to an email, but scroll the icons to the left until you see the Copy button. That will put the URL on the clipboard ready to paste.)

Thank you. So posting / pasting a pic is only possible if the image lives somewhere on the internet? I can’t paste a pic from my albums?

Using iPhoneXR I just successfully created one here above ... photo of Club Tobi. I installed Google Drive app (yellow/green/blue triangle), uploaded the photo, clicked on the ‘spectacles’ above in the toolbar, and the created URL inserted ... not the actual photo, but click to the image. But I had to find the image in Drive, click on the 3 dots upper right hand corner and scroll to “copy link”, then paste here.

Guys please let me know if you can open my 3 image attempts or not, either without the Drive app, or with the Drive app if installed.

I was able to open on other devices with the Drive app, but using my Google account. Perhaps its photo sharing capability does not fit well with posting to a message board.