Designated Survivor

This topic is 1702 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was confusing with "West Wing" another great show. You're correct and it explains the surrealism I was experiencing.

On May 11, 2018, ABC canceled the series after two seasons due to a high turnover of showrunners and declining ratings.[41][42] Shortly after, eOne announced they were in "active discussions" with other networks to revive the show, including Netflix, which streams the series internationally.[43] On September 5, 2018, it was confirmed that Netflix had picked up the series for a third season of 10 episodes, to be released in 2019. Neal Baer will serve as the series showrunner, the fifth person to do so.[44] On April 24, 2019, it was announced that the third season is set to premiere on Netflix on June 7, 2019.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished season 3. Loved it and I’m not into political dramas... enough of it in the real world.

Really enjoyed Hannah Wells... she was the most amazing character who was steadfast in her pursuit of the truth. Felt sad when she died though :(

Does anyone know why, maybe I missed it, but why Emily would be upset at the opposition research conducted by Lorraine? Don’t moles exist in every campaign? Why would she share her findings with the President and expect him to do something about it on the eve of the election? Isn’t she supposed to help him win? Is she representing his conscience- hard to imagine as she was the one who leaked the Moss Alzheimer’s info. Or, am i being extremely naive (and Canadian)?

The introduction of trans sister-in-law and the gay couple them, as well as VP who’s ex is carrying his unborn child is the perfect set up for Season 4.

• 2 months later...
Just finished season 3. Loved it and I’m not into political dramas... enough of it in the real world.

Really enjoyed Hannah Wells... she was the most amazing character who was steadfast in her pursuit of the truth. Felt sad when she died though :(

Does anyone know why, maybe I missed it, but why Emily would be upset at the opposition research conducted by Lorraine? Don’t moles exist in every campaign? Why would she share her findings with the President and expect him to do something about it on the eve of the election? Isn’t she supposed to help him win? Is she representing his conscience- hard to imagine as she was the one who leaked the Moss Alzheimer’s info. Or, am i being extremely naive (and Canadian)?

The introduction of trans sister-in-law and the gay couple them, as well as VP who’s ex is carrying his unborn child is the perfect set up for Season 4.

Hannah was amazing. Loved Kiefer as well. Sadly, the 3rd season will be the last one. I believe there were contract complications with Netflix picking it up and people weren't happy. Also, Suits is in its final season. I believe that went on for a solid 10 seasons. In case you're wondering how I know this, they both film here in Toronto and you can take a 10 min walk downtown on any given day and see something being filmed :)

Hannah was amazing. Loved Kiefer as well. Sadly, the 3rd season will be the last one. I believe there were contract complications with Netflix picking it up and people weren't happy. Also, Suits is in its final season. I believe that went on for a solid 10 seasons. In case you're wondering how I know this, they both film here in Toronto and you can take a 10 min walk downtown on any given day and see something being filmed :)

I’m from Toronto too but moved to New York 20 years ago. Visit it monthly as parents and siblings and friends are there. Love the city and am amazed at how vibrant and beautiful it is.

I only liked (a lot) season 1. For me, the show goes down as Sutherland becomes a bully who gets out of challenging situations by yelling out if his mind, starting in season 2.

Yes, that's why I like him. The old Jack Bauer starts to show when he loses his shit! :p