Berlin visit

jessmapex
This topic is 1830 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know those 3 cities well and I don’t think you will encounter overt racism at all. Certainly I would expect service-providers to be very happy to meet you.

But if you are concerned, why not just say “I’m American and a person of colour...”? In much the same way, when I hired, I always stated upfront “I’m a middle-aged man, gym-fit but bald, and a dominant top who likes to kiss a lot. Will we be compatible?”

Certainly in Paris many of the providers are persons of colour themselves so don't think you would encounter many issues there as it is a multi racial city anyhow as are the other two cities; there's many Brazilians working in those 3 cities.

What type of provider do you seek?

In Berlin I would stay in the Schöneberg area if it's your first time there, it's the traditional gay area but it can feel a bit quiet as all the action happens in the bars.

Thanks for the input so far. Yes in Berlin I have booked the Axel gay hotel in the Schoenberg area. I have read about the hustler bars being dangerous, so won't venture in there. I will use Hunqz.

Do providers speak enough English so I can communicate what I am looking for?

My fantasy is , of course, to meet Bel Ami type guys, but, I understand that is not who I will end up being with :)

I am planning some fun and debaucherous tourism to Paris, Berlin, and Barcelona.

Given the anti- immigrant sentiment in Europe, as a person of color from the US, do you think it will be safe for me to meet providers?

Any recommendations on hotels to stay at and people to meet?

I am a person of color from the US and now based in Paris, and that should be the least of your concerns, I assure you. There’s a huge community of Brazilian providers in Paris, as well as guys from the islands and I seldom here of any problems and have never encountered any myself.

Providers in Berlin speak enough English so that you can effectively communicate what you want but it’d be ideal to know a little Spanish in Barcelona and definitely a little French or Portuguese in Paris as some of the Brazilian and French providers speak no English at all and things can get clumsy with Google Translate.

Paris: Book your accommodations in Le Marais for easy access to the bars and the providers. There are cruise bars and saunas in the area.

Barcelona: The Axel Hotel. I can’t speak to the quality of providers but I can reach out to Tim Kruger if you need any recommendations.

Berlin: Schoenberg can be a little desolate when the bars aren’t open but it’s alive at night. A lot of the bars and clubs are very fetish specific, as well as the providers so be very clear in what you’re looking for. Make sure you visit Lab.Oratory once during your trip. It’s a sprawling sex club below notorious Berghain and one of the best in the world. Also BOILER, one of the cleanest and most laid back and social sauna atmospheres I’ve ever been to, and I don’t like saunas.

I can make additional recommendations for you via private message. Truthfully, I haven’t seen a plethora of “Bel Ami” types in the cities you mentioned. You might need to go to Czech Republic or somewhere similar for that fantasy.

Racism does exist in the respective countries of those three cities but probably not directly in those cities, although in Barcelona there is a growing hostility to tourists; the anti-immigrant/xenophobia sentiment is more prevalent in Eastern European countries I would say, ironic as huge swathes of those populations have emigrated to Western Europe and in turn face anti-immigrant attitudes.

In Barcelona a must is the Thermas sauna which is full of rentboys.

I would echo that a visit to Laboratory in Berlin is a must if you are looking for debauchery, I thought I had seen it all until I paid a visit to that place!

As an aside if you are looking for something a bit different and a respite from debauchery in Berlin and you are there on the last Saturday of a month,I can recommend the following club night that is full of Turkish & Middle Eastern guys:

https://awesomeberlin.net/party/gay/gayhane/kreuzberg

Thanks for the input so far. Yes in Berlin I have booked the Axel gay hotel in the Schoenberg area. I have read about the hustler bars being dangerous, so won't venture in there. I will use Hunqz.

Do providers speak enough English so I can communicate what I am looking for?

My fantasy is , of course, to meet Bel Ami type guys, but, I understand that is not who I will end up being with :)

There is one gay bar behind Tabasco, I think it's one on the map as Tramps, that is pleasant although few people go there. Blueboy Bar is not especially dangerous either and ToyBoy, next to Blond across from Tabasco is not bad. Tabasco/Pinocchio is the big one to be very careful in. They're all right by each other. Tobasco is just too crowded and the bartenders don't care if you get robbed. In the bar. Tabasco many years ago was my favorite in the world. No longer.

Edited by tassojunior